EXO - Return to Baja Run - May 12th-16th - Pics and Vids

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DC Raptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Trip looks awesome. That Rally Fighter looks sweet. Where does it carry a spare tire?
In the trunk.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 09:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

Great time had by all. Can't wait until the next EXO event. Thanks for all the hard work that goes into pulling off a successful event like this.

Dom

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Tapatalk

Wideglide93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me a dumb American, but what are the security issues with a trip like this? I was talking to the wife about it and really think this could be a bucket list type trip. After reading through the rules of Mexico and no weapons of any sort. I am not sure I would want to bring my wife down there. Maybe I just watch too much of the news these days.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call me a dumb American, but what are the security issues with a trip like this? I was talking to the wife about it and really think this could be a bucket list type trip. After reading through the rules of Mexico and no weapons of any sort. I am not sure I would want to bring my wife down there. Maybe I just watch too much of the news these days.

No problems. My wife was worried about going until she got details during a Vegas run.
Problem areas are in main part of Mexico and there is also bad part parts of any large city (including the US). There is some crime in the bottom parts of Baja too.
The upper third of Baja is very focused of off-road racing with several different ones through the year.
Going as a group the people treat you very well and you feel like Offroad celebrities .

My wife just stated as I'm typing, "EXO made the trip so great, not once did she feel unsafe"

The weapon rule concerns when you get checked. Everyone is responsible and we don't get pulled over. At military checkpoints, they are mainly checking for weapons and drugs. If they find any they will go through your vehicle just like US border, this also jeopardizes the rest of the group, he se the strict rules.

EXO is setup through the board of tourism in Mexico also.
I brought my wife and son and it was an awesome time.

Bigg50

FRF Addict
Reaction score

No one is allowed to have weapons in Mexico except for some Ranch owners. Obviously, there are those who break the law.

Baja is not like mainland Mexico, while there is crime it's not plagued by the same kind of crime because it is isolated from mainland and isn't a main smuggling route for drugs. We have a several contingencies in place along with tried and true guidelines which have always ensured a safe trip down to Baja. We can't promise you won't get yourself into trouble but as long as you go down with a level head and act responsible you really have nothing to worry about.

As Robert pointed out, Baja is very off-road focused. They want us down there. So much so the board of tourism set us up with a police ****** when we crossed. It wasn't needed but it sure made us feel like Rockstars. Plus it probably saved us 45 minutes getting through Tecate haha.

The people of Baja are incredibly friendly and appreciative of the simplest thing...like a sticker. Not once was I asked for money. No panhandlers. Saw 3 of those on the way into work today in SF.

Drunktank

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Baja is super safe. But like anywhere, if you want to play stupid games.... you'll win stupid prizes.

If you dont drive like an ass on the paved roads and dont go out and be too much of a drunk degenerate at night.... really not a damn thing to worry about. I wouldnt hesitate to take a wife or your kid down there. Only thing thatd concern me is making sure my truck is parked somewhere safe but most the hotels all have guards in the parking lots to make sure parts dont disappear.

Raw Horsepower

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://vimeo.com/167775535

---------- Post added at 10:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:51 AM ----------

[/COLOR]
4b1fedaa6c2bd7e21993738a0679573c.jpg

1ba14a423e40dc5b05dee6ba1f9b87f8.jpg

Last edited: