EXO / BAJA / LaPaz

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
WOW
That does look like an AWESOME adventure ! ! !
It really is. The cool part is, it isn't a race. There are some really fast guys, some medium pack guys, and some slower pack guys, and nobody cares. Everybody still arrives at the same destination. Just follow the GPS, and play follow the leader.

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
TRX did more than OK. I was very surprised how well it did. The guy was a fast driver, always in the lead pack. He took the bumper off, and is getting an aftermarket one that wasn't ready. His biggest issue was his truck was always thirsty. He was always filling up on the trails.

Biggest tip I can give, go with 6 brand new tires. My Toyos have about 3K Baja miles, and are shot. I wouldn't take the chance for another run. Sucks changing flats on the trails. $3K for 3K miles, not a very good ROI, LOL!
Can also say tires get chewed in Baja. Granted this was on a GEN1 and KO’s but the tires were brand new when crossing the border. Also carry an extra air filter. This was from a trip all the way to Cabo

Attachments

• 6A518E4B-2334-471C-A438-12FDF550B815.jpeg
    6A518E4B-2334-471C-A438-12FDF550B815.jpeg
    157 KB · Views: 37
  • A0241630-033D-4215-8AF6-4DE05117A58D.jpeg
    A0241630-033D-4215-8AF6-4DE05117A58D.jpeg
    166.9 KB · Views: 35
OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can also say tires get chewed in Baja. Granted this was on a GEN1 and KO’s but the tires were brand new when crossing the border. Also carry an extra air filter. This was from a trip all the way to Cabo
I start with a new air filter, and bring 3. I change them every 2 days. Cheap insurance IMO.

2slo4u

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my KO2's were chewed up as well. For Feb/March's trip I'll be running KM3's. My cabin filter was toast after my Baja trip. Getting high centered in a silt bed probably had something to do with it since the doors were opened and closed numerous times. In my defense -- I was the first "mostly stock" Raptor that had went through that area and all the other stock Raptors after me got stuck as well.

DAVfoto

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I grew up just down the street from you!!! Butler. Lived in Jersey for the first 45 years of my life.The only thing I miss about Jersey is the Italian food. Have you ever been to Latona's Deli or Vita Mia's? Hopefully they're still there?

I don't think those places are still here. I've been in Clifton a year and in NYC metro for 10. Originally from Anderson SC.
Food is good for sure! Just about it though.

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think those places are still here. I've been in Clifton a year and in NYC metro for 10. Originally from Anderson SC.
Food is good for sure! Just about it though.
Yeah, I left in '03, transferred to Tucson. 20 years later, still looking for good Italian food! LOL!

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Getting through this washed out area was trying. We had to build up a section of the road with rocks (under the Trax boards), then crawl along so we didn't kiss the rock face.