EXO / BAJA / Lands End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

zombiekiller

OG BooBooRunner
Reaction score
So I ended up getting some quotes for full insurance and for "road use" it varies from $400- 600 for 2 to 6 months, if its offroad coverage which you were required to get is why it is so much more expensive and its per day rate. So it seems pretty fair in the end :)
an annual baja policy usually becomes a smart idea if youre heading down to baja 3 or more times in a year. The last one that i had was $1500 for the year with a declared value of 150K for my raptor, 75K for my super duty and trailer coverage ( as long as it stays connected to the super duty.)

Rick at FMS

aka:Rick @ FreedomMotorsports
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
So I ended up getting some quotes for full insurance and for "road use" it varies from $400- 600 for 2 to 6 months, if its offroad coverage which you were required to get is why it is so much more expensive and its per day rate. So it seems pretty fair in the end :)
I am not aware of any insurance policy that actually covers "off-road" accidents. It pretty much like here, it won't cover a race, etc. It's basically like buying temporary insurance in your own country, they are insuring you on pavement but they know that a lot of roads in Baja could be dirt too. If you hit someone on the road or they even hit you and the local authorities find that you have no insurance, that is illegal and they could throw you in jail. I have always purchased mine from bajabound.com

Last time I went in 2019 for 9 days and it was around $315, looking at it now, it's about $100 more. But I upped the coverages to the max and covered it to $90k. You also need to take into consideration that it covers:
Total Theft
Vandalism
Liability 500k
Medical 100k
Legal Assistance / Bond
Towing
Rental Car
Your Truck is taken to USA for repairs, not fixed in Mexico
Airfare home
Air Emergency Transport - To a USA Hospital, this is huge!
Hotel Stay

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am not aware of any insurance policy that actually covers "off-road" accidents. It pretty much like here, it won't cover a race, etc. It's basically like buying temporary insurance in your own country, they are insuring you on pavement but they know that a lot of roads in Baja could be dirt too. If you hit someone on the road or they even hit you and the local authorities find that you have no insurance, that is illegal and they could throw you in jail. I have always purchased mine from bajabound.com Last time I went in 2019 for 9 days and it was around $315, looking at it now, it's about $100 more. But I upped the coverages to the max and covered it to $90k. You also need to take into consideration that it covers: Total Theft Vandalism Liability 500k Medical 100k Legal Assistance / Bond Towing Rental Car Your Truck is taken to USA for repairs, not fixed in Mexico Airfare home Air Emergency Transport - To a USA Hospital, this is huge! Hotel Stay
I am not aware of any insurance policy that actually covers "off-road" accidents. It pretty much like here, it won't cover a race, etc. It's basically like buying temporary insurance in your own country, they are insuring you on pavement but they know that a lot of roads in Baja could be dirt too. If you hit someone on the road or they even hit you and the local authorities find that you have no insurance, that is illegal and they could throw you in jail. I have always purchased mine from bajabound.com

Last time I went in 2019 for 9 days and it was around $315, looking at it now, it's about $100 more. But I upped the coverages to the max and covered it to $90k. You also need to take into consideration that it covers:
Total Theft
Vandalism
Liability 500k
Medical 100k
Legal Assistance / Bond
Towing
Rental Car
Your Truck is taken to USA for repairs, not fixed in Mexico
Airfare home
Air Emergency Transport - To a USA Hospital, this is huge!
Hotel Stay
I just went back and checked my policy. My apologies, I could have sworn it was $386, but it was actually $297, so basically $100 cheaper. Also through Baja Insurance we were covered for physical damage / roll over, for $80K with a $500 deductible. So I guess it really wasn't that bad at all!

RivRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not that I've seen a truck dragged to a "road" or anything, and unless something has changed in Mex Policies your not covered "Offroad". Although most dirt roads down there are "roads".

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
It’s something on my bucket list. Any input on where to a beginner should start before going full Baja mode?
Yeah, go along, but stay at the back of the pack at your own comfortable pace, the lead guys might have a couple beers on ya by the time you get to the hotel, but at least you will most likely roll up in one piece.

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It’s something on my bucket list. Any input on where to a beginner should start before going full Baja mode?
Just do some off roading with friends or a club. Get to know how the truck reacts to the terrain. I was really impressed with Baja mode! Like anything else, the more time you put into it, the more comfortable you'll become with it.