EXO / BAJA / Lands End

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It was a blast having you down and happy to hear you'll be back. Nothing but good spirits throughout the entire "adventure". And I thought the 50 mile tow was gonna be the hard part of that day LOL. Cheers to more down the road!

-Jeff
Hey Jeff!

We had the best time, even with the alternator, and the tow! Thanks! We can't wait to go back, just that we're booked through March. Dune season and 2 MINTs to go to. I had to turn down a SEMA invite cause I'm trying to get ready for Thanksgiving at Glamis. Hopefully we will see you again. Seriously, can't wait for the next one. Tell Trey I'm stocking up on Baja Jerky!

-Scott

Kojack19

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow does that look like a ton of fun! I have driven those highways in a 1987 Nissan Pathfinder back in the early 90s when I would go down to go surfing. You are totally right. Narrow and nervous making and that was in a much smaller car. Only thing worse was being a passenger in Bali-really narrow roads and they view dogs like we view squirrels-no slowing down and they are everyhwhere. I am a dog lover and practially needed therapy after all of the close calls on a two hour drive. I guess the smart ones get old, the dumb ones dont!

Would love to do one of these trips in my Raptor some day.

NateMob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much slower and limited would a stockish 1st gen be on a trip like this? Completely outgunned by all the big dogs?

Thanks,
Nathan

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much slower and limited would a stockish 1st gen be on a trip like this? Completely outgunned by all the big dogs?

Thanks,
Nathan
Hi Nathan,

You wouldn't be outgunned at all. The fast guys are just that FAST!!! It's pretty incredible, you get the call on the radio that they're looking to pass, and they do. By the time the dust settles so you can see clearly, they are miles ahead, LOL. I'm like how can they drive that fast? But these guys always go down there.

We had quite a few stockish trucks. You drive within your ability. It isn't a race. Gordon told me that the line would be stretched out over 20 miles, and he wasn't kidding! There were times we didn't see anyone for hours. Trucks in front of me, and behind me. You just follow the trail on the GPS. Thank God for radios if something goes wrong. The sweep guys come to the rescue, like Jeff did for me.

OP
OP
HOLLYWOOD 1

HOLLYWOOD 1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice ! I have a spot for the 2/18-2/22 run but might be in Prague now on a movie Sucks but we’ll see.

I also just joined the EXO club for all 5 of the US runs. See now many of those I can make.

Great pics !!
Yeah, I wanted to go on that one, but that's President's week / weekend at Glamis. One of the last big blowouts at Glamis. I have 2 X3s, and we didn't want to miss this after missing Halloween. Life's tough choices, LOL! I'm waiting for the next one. Jeremiah mentioned to me down there that they should be having another long trip again, probably to La Paz.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is it costing you guys for insurance before you cross the border into Mexico for your Raptors? Anybody got the average rates? Weekly, monthly?