GEN 1 Exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ruger

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I can provide some illumination from personal experience. Years ago I owned a Nissan 4x4 powered by a 2400cc four-banger. I replaced the factory muffler with a chambered Flowmaster muffler, and the initial result was illegal. No kidding, when the engine hit the torque peak that muffler rang like a bell and the noise was so bad it was embarrassing. (Note: I am not easily embarrassed.) To make the thing legal, Flowmaster was kind enough to send me a resonator free of charge. More welding was required, of course, but that resonator did the trick.

Years and years later I replaced the factory muffler on my 6.2L GEN1 Raptor with a MagnaFlow straight-through muffler, PN 12388. The result is a smoother and slightly deeper exhaust tone. The raspy character of the factory muffler at wide open throttle disappeared - something I rather miss, actually. No benefit in fuel economy accrued, so I spent good money to replace a very good factory muffler that I wish I still had on the truck.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What is "better"? It is completely subjective. Pick the muffler you like the sound of (youtube is a good start). You aren't going to net a performance change you can feel off of any "performance" muffler.

Replace your stock muffler with a Dynomax race bullet in 3" x 12", or if you want a drop in kit Corsa extreme :)

@Ruger Cut out that magnaflow and drop in a dynomax 17223, you will have your high throttle bellow back.

Pathfinder42

Reaction score
I have a Gen 1 with a Roush cat back with the exit straight out the back.. Its a straight thru muffler.. sounds amazing.. check it out on YouTube