Exhaust work (headers, cut-outs, cat back) and warranty

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stainless Works

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
I think 1-3/4 is for more ''stock'' type applications and 1-7/8 is for applications for a supercharger ect ect dont quote me on that though im not entirely shure :head3:

The 1-7/8" headers work very well for the Raptor 6.2, stock or modified. Stainless Works currently uses an 1-3/4" for 5.4 Raptors and it makes great power as well. Due to the displacement of the motor and the fact it already makes pretty good power from the factory the 1-7/8" design allows the motor to breathe better across the RPM range. Add an intake and tune and its a whole new truck. Increase tire size and get stuck in a mud hole, your will want the additional power!

We offer a number of options for the Raptor, including headers to factory catback or for the ultimate exhaust setup check out our True Dual setup which utilizes a high flow X-Pipe and dual mufflers! Sound and performance all in one package.

SW-raptor-flyer-1.jpg

SW-raptor-flyer-2.jpg

SW-raptor-flyer-3.jpg

Sliver Raptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What's a warranty? :roflsquared:

It might void it but I'd agree with everyone else and just check with your dealer. Most are pretty cool about it.

As for product. STAINLESS WORKS is a great brand. Now have put their LTs on 2 of my vehicles and have loved them both! Btw headers are a PITA to install since its pretty labor intensive. Dunno about your degree of skill and free time but they are doable just expect to be under the truck for a while. So expect the install at a shop if you go that route to be just as much as the headers.

Also consider the cost of a new tune into your equation. Id still say they are way worth it but you gotta pay to play.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I had the CAI and headers put on and the extra power was amazing. then I put the tune in and wow another big difference.

Wilson

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't know I put the diablo on mine. I would recommend headers and cai first but that's just me. why? more to do with mpg hp. the tune just bring it all together imo.
the tune will make your truck shift different add's different gas air combination is what the tune is. so yes you would have to retun it.

Jackemuphigh21

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I were to buy 5 star tuning now and got headers later would I need a retune? How much?

yes you would need to get a new tune. I would just email Mike at 5star and ask him. Super guy to deal with. Hooked me right up with an updated tune when I put my headers on.