Exhaust Upgrade

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Make your own.
I chopped my stock exhaust off just after the factory flange, welded a section of 3 inch stainless to the flange, used a slip joint band clamp on the front side of the 3in/3out Magnaflow (i think 14 or 16 inch) then welded a side exit and fabbed a frame mount.
My son got to pick the tip..lol

All in I might have $250 in it.

1664550798802.jpeg
1664550825567.jpeg
1664550875344.jpeg

Evil Peaches

Reaction score
When I bought my truck I was somewhat disappointed with the sound. I purchased and installed the Roush cat back system. I liked it at first, but the loudness and drone got old pretty quick. I was looking for an OEM+ type sound and the Roush system fell way short of that for me.

This summer I bought the Stainless Works dual exhaust (performance connect) with the factory exit. I struggled with the exit location because the lightning exit looks great, but I was worried the lightning exit would be too loud being so close to the cab.

Post install I am very happy with the results. I opted for the turbo chambered mufflers. The volume is louder than stock, and it maintains a raspy tone.

rschap1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I enjoy the stock OK on mine.
I am sure upgrades sound even better.
I have had a few questions and compliments.
Neighbor asked if it was "chambered, or what the deal is?"
Says it rumbles when I first start the truck.
Told him, "factory"

Irregular F150

its terrain good sir!
Reaction score

badm0t0rfinger

Rocket Man
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you want the exhaust to dump before the axle then I like the MBRP mid dump W/Resonator. If you dont like the fact that they don't offer it in stainless anymore just go to a custom shop and have them do a custom job in 304 or 409.