Exhaust tone changes after long driving.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

sw0gg3r

Reaction score
I have this anomaly that has happened twice since I bought this truck about a month ago. I went off roading the week I got it, and after about 45 minutes of brisk driving, I noticed the decel was louder, as in the ignition timing was changed. Nothing was hot or anything, ran fine. Today I was driving quite a bit around, about an hour or so worth, and the exhaust tone changed again. Like it was more aggressive. Again, ran fine, no issues. Just louder. Any one notice this? or something I should look at?

ColoradoBoss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does this happen after aggressive driving because I've driven from Colorado Springs to Phoenix and back with no change and to Clinton Oklahoma and back with no change.

Keshka

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So does this happen after aggressive driving because I've driven from Colorado Springs to Phoenix and back with no change and to Clinton Oklahoma and back with no change.
...that has been my experience. She was really alive during and after my 200 mile cross country Utah run, all in baja mode. I do find it seems to happen faster when using the paddles.