Exhaust sound thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Guy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have the FOMOCO Performance Touring by Borla.

been on for a couple years now. I tried 3 different exhausts.

Truth... they all sound similar — in a bad way. There are parts of the throttle position that sound great and other parts that sound like you have a Honda Accord with a hole in the exhaust installed.

My wife asks me all the time when I’m going to get rid of the embarrassing exhaust. Full disclosure... she’s right on this one.

I do have some big plans to do something different but that’s neither here nor there.

Think really hard about the exhaust. What I didn’t try was an X pipe resonator delete with the rest stock. That may be more reasonable and smoother sounding...

Mister Pinky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m gonna +1 Nick@apollooptics and vote for Corsa.

I run their products on nearly everything I own and have never been disappointed.

The system I had on my 5.3 Silverado was damn near perfect for a truck. It had just enough sound for day to day, sounded sinister wide open, and never droned even under load when towing.

They’ll be my only call for an exhaust when the time comes.