Exhaust rattle on cold start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MattR

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I seem to have the same issue with 300 miles on the clock with a mid December build… frustrating.
Did you happen to read my posts? 300 miles on mine, Late Oct build.

Mine seems to be around the transfer case/transmission rather than the e-valves closer to the rear wheel well. You can put your hand on the exhaust and feel the shaking. Mine is where there is a cross member under the t-case. It's specifically when you are in drive, but stopped. Stop light, stop sign, drive through, etc. As soon as you put it in park or start going, it doesn't seem to be there.

The dealer acknowledged that they hear it and that it isn't right, but they have no idea what is going on. They were supposedly calling the Ford Tech Helpline on Wednesday and haven't heard from them since. I'll call tomorrow and update if I get an answer. I got the truck 12/19 and have been without it over 3 weeks now due to this/sunroof inoperable/driver's door is so out of alignment that it looks open and leaks water when closed.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I went to dealer with the tsb number and they told me parts are on back order with no dates. Anyone else have the same answer.
Backordered parts shouldn't be an issue. Dropped my truck off this morning and my dealer told me they have to order the parts and should have them Thursday or Friday.

MikeGreen

Reaction score
The TSB number is 22-2388. It was released 12/19/22. It’s proprietary, so the a dealer bulletin it shouldn’t be posted externally/publicly. Dealers can find it by simply running OASIS symptom coded to exhaust noise.
I just brought mine to ford for the exhaust rattle among other things. But they told me that one of my baffles were froze up. I gave him the tsb number to the service tech and he said that is probably the real issue but they have to replace the baffle first.

FlyAA757

Reaction score
I provided the TSR number to my SA, but they looked it up and claim my truck isnt eligible due to the build date.