Exhaust rattle on cold start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Hemmy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine absolutely hammers for a good couple minutes on every start.. cold or warm. I end up 2 footing it if people are around, if I just tip into the throttle, like 1%, the loud ticking goes away. Has done it since day 1 and this is my third Raptor I've owned (both others gen2 mind you). My friend's Gen 3 doesn't make the noise, just mine.
Mine does the same thing. The one thing I did notice is the clicking does not last as long when it is warm outside. Last winter in the cold the clicking lasted a lot longer than what I noticed over the summer. During the summer, the clicking may have lasted for only 10 - 15 seconds.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hear mine on remote start. It seems to be not starting in quiet mode with remote start but it starts in quiet setting when I manually start it. when I do remote start it as soon as I press the button the rattle goes away and goes to quiet mode or if I manually start it I dont hear it unless I cycle to normal and louder exhaust settings. and after a couple minutes I don't hear it at all. how annoying.

lawraptor

Reaction score
Anyone know when a fix is coming from Ford? It’s getting embarrassing how loud the rattle is. Dealer won’t act on changing out the exhaust because they are told in Oasis a fix is coming in “September”

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
theoretically you would think thats the case but ill be waiting until they sort it out. same thing with the shocks.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My dealer refuses to replace the exhaust, and is just waiting for a fix from Ford that was due last month lol. Those of you that got your exhaust replaced, good on you!
Be careful what you wish for... I had mine replaced and it has been great... until recently (about 4k miles since replacement). It is not nearly as bad as it was before, but is starting to rattle. Hoping the fix comes out before it gets worse. It was embarrassingly loud before.

lawraptor

Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for... I had mine replaced and it has been great... until recently (about 4k miles since replacement). It is not nearly as bad as it was before, but is starting to rattle. Hoping the fix comes out before it gets worse. It was embarrassingly loud before.
Wow. That's rough. I wonder what the fix could possibly be then.