Exhaust rattle on cold start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I took it to my dealer. Lucky me, the regional Ford engineer was there. He heard it and said not normal. They ordered a new exhaust and it should be here later this week.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine seems to be getting worse. its on auto start and when I cycle thru the different settings. but goes away as it gets a little warmed up. when cold it does it even on acceleration as well.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
just great. mine didn't start until just under 7000 miles. at 7800 now. in those approximate 1000 miles it has steadily gotten worse. this sucks guess its a defective design for the electronic active exhaust baffle.

GoldBeach

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Same here. I had mine replaced about 1 month ago. Its rattling just like before.
Yep, had my muffler replaced and it is slightly better but still rattles. Not quite as long, and not quite as loud. Definitely still rattles on startup.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford released a service message today regarding this issue.

SSM 50963 2021-2022 F-150 Raptor - Rattle Noise From The Exhaust - Built On Or Before 06-Jun-2022
Some 2021-2022 F-150 Raptor vehicles built on or before 06-Jun-2022 may experience a rattle noise from the exhaust near the exhaust tailpipe actuators. This condition does not affect vehicle durability and no additional diagnosis or service is required for this condition at this time. Inform customers that they can continue to drive the vehicle, and engineering is currently working on a solution for this condition that is expected in September 2022. Replacement of the muffler will not resolve this condition. Monitor OASIS for additional information and schedule service appointments for customers once the repair becomes available.

QCRappy

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ford released a service message today regarding this issue.

SSM 50963 2021-2022 F-150 Raptor - Rattle Noise From The Exhaust - Built On Or Before 06-Jun-2022
Some 2021-2022 F-150 Raptor vehicles built on or before 06-Jun-2022 may experience a rattle noise from the exhaust near the exhaust tailpipe actuators. This condition does not affect vehicle durability and no additional diagnosis or service is required for this condition at this time. Inform customers that they can continue to drive the vehicle, and engineering is currently working on a solution for this condition that is expected in September 2022. Replacement of the muffler will not resolve this condition. Monitor OASIS for additional information and schedule service appointments for customers once the repair becomes available.
noticed mine is getting more pronounced. Built 3/28, 1500 miles on truck.