Exhaust rattle on cold start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

98Craig

Reaction score
I have this as well. 2000 miles and had it since day one. Gonna take it in this fall when I don’t need it as much. But very annoying and sounds terrible!

JAB2435

Reaction score
Had the same issue. On mine it was the gates that change the sound of the exhaust from normal to sport ect. They replaced the muffler and the gates and the rattling sound is gone.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same issue. On mine it was the gates that change the sound of the exhaust from normal to sport ect. They replaced the muffler and the gates and the rattling sound is gone.

I had the muffler changed by the dealer last month. Truck still has the rattle till it warms up. When you say gates do you mean the wastegates?

Syberspace

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is getting looked at by another dealer this Friday. Mine is loud and mostly when it is warmed up. It has a slight rattle at cold idle, but not that bad.
The first dealer had two others come in with the same complaint and they told me it could be a "Chracteristic noise", since they have 3 that had a similar issue. I called the dealer I bought mine from (an hour away), sent them a video and the master tech said not normal.
Will see what they say in person on friday.
Link to video of my issue.

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine is getting looked at by another dealer this Friday. Mine is loud and mostly when it is warmed up. It has a slight rattle at cold idle, but not that bad.
The first dealer had two others come in with the same complaint and they told me it could be a "Chracteristic noise", since they have 3 that had a similar issue. I called the dealer I bought mine from (an hour away), sent them a video and the master tech said not normal.
Watched your video. Same exact noise.

RamseyF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my noise as well. damn another thing on the "to get fixed list". I was hoping it was a heat shield or something a bit easier to fix

RaptorFan1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for posting this video. I have the same exact rattle on mine as well.... seems to mainly be an issue in normal mode for me.

pghraptor34

Reaction score
Have the same problem, only seems to be present on cold starts and first taking off in the morning. Once it is warmed up it seems to subside. Definitely going to take it in to my dealer. Certainly unfortunate, but I kind of expected some issues with the new model and a covid build. Bummer!