Exhaust rattle on cold start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I unplugged mine when the truck was off, turned the truck on and it was dead silent. I stepped on the gas a few times, and it was definitely in quiet mode. However, since my original post- I have come across a video of someone that had the opposite of what I experienced when they unplugged theirs.
I did some exploring today. It appears what ever exhaust mode you're in when unplugging the actuators, is the mode your truck will remain in (quiet, normal, sport, baja). Please note: I did not fully stress test this, just a few times in the driveway/up the road. If anything changes I'll report back.

For any folks choosing to take this route- I would only call this a work-around until you can get your truck fixed through the TSB.

Last edited:

BayRaptor925

Reaction score
This was the first thing I noticed when I did a remote cold start on my brand new R. A loud rattle preceded the bass of the exhaust note.

MikeJones603

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can anyone provide the Ford factory part number to the (back ordered) exhaust actuators? And/or maybe a link to a parts diagram? I looked but couldn't find anything. TIA.