Exhaust rattle on cold start?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

cr23raptor1983

Reaction score
It sounds awesome and even better than before due to no restriction from the valve plates. Glad I did it
Your sounded like garbage because the valve plates are loose enough to make a slight fluttering noise on start up. Mine didn't sound good either on start up- but now it sounds pretty mean and(solid smooth sound) considering it's a v6

Raptorbert

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It'll come back... you'll see. Ashame I know
I went back a few pages and I mostly see “it came back.” Is it even worth going in for it? I don’t prefer it but I don’t want to waist my time. It’s no more annoying than the hellcat hemi tick which is considered normal.

ReLLiK75

Reaction score
Mine was rattling really bad and seemed like it was getting significantly worse. As of a few days ago, and all of a sudden, it stopped on its own. But, now I no longer have the ability to switch exhaust modes. It sounds like I'm permanently stuck in Baja mode. Not necessarily a bad thing, but I do like quiet mode for when I'm leaving the house at 5AM. Whatever is controlling the different exhaust sounds must have broken and in the process stabilized itself.

KODIAK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the list. Loud, rattling, ticking when started. Low RPM in higher gears and I get a hesitation and helicoptering sound when lightly accelerating. Dealer replaced left actuator, somehow made it worse. Going back in tomorrow.

flockofraptors

Reaction score
So, the noise is present initially on cold start, goes away once the idle drops, but then is still present under acceleration and load at low speeds (and probably at high speeds but I can't hear it anymore).

Definitely sounds like a rattle or just something loose. I looked underneath and didn't see anything obvious. It does seem to be coming from the valve area or the muffler canister right near it, but it is hard to tell.

I have tried the different exhaust modes and can hear a difference, so I think the valve is doing something.

Is it like this