Exhaust in baja mode while street driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HighwaySentinel

︻デ┳═ー - - - - - - -
Reaction score
Well, they did build a few G3's that had special tires and sensors that could tell when you are offroad versus onroad. Those sensors would block the use of Baja when in fact you were onroad. You can easily check to see by tapping your rear left tire once with a wrench and then tapping the front right tire two times with a wrench. The horn will chirp twice if you have the sensors. You have to do it within 5 seconds though. Make sure you make a short video of yourself doing it to educate the other members here.

OP
OP
JD NYC

JD NYC

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m new to the truck , why are they putting the alert on ? Also does the truck need to be in 4wd in order to hear the difference in the exhaust sound between sport and Baja, is the difference very noticeable in loudness, thanks again

Raptorny

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m new to the truck , why are they putting the alert on ? Also does the truck need to be in 4wd in order to hear the difference in the exhaust sound between sport and Baja, is the difference very noticeable in loudness, thanks again
the alert is on due to the fact that is its louder than is legal in most states for on road use. that being said most be people wouldnt get pulled over for it. also its does not need to be in 4wd to change the exhaust sound. you can do it at anytime in any mode. baja ia a little deeper in tone than sport. i tend to think sport is pretty raspy