GEN 2 Exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NCJeeper

Reaction score
I've been looking for an exhaust option for my recently acquired 2018 and the SPD trombone doesn't sound very good on their website. I've been eyeing up the MBRP kit for just a little bit deeper sound.

MBRP X-Pipe

CRP

Reaction score
I've been looking for an exhaust option for my recently acquired 2018 and the SPD trombone doesn't sound very good on their website. I've been eyeing up the MBRP kit for just a little bit deeper sound.

MBRP X-Pipe
It will sound more like the FORD GT, or the GTR. It won’t sound like a V8. Honestly, to me, it sounds better. I know that people will disagree. Hell, I would have 6 months ago. All I can say, is that I’ve had a BORLA S TYPE, on my Raptor… The trombone sounds WAAAAAY better. When you stomp on it, it sounds great. I will do a sound video this weekend.

JCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
OK.. I installed the SPD trombone on my 2020 Crew Cab, with the stock muffler back on with stock pipes… HOLY CRAP!!! It sounds INCREDIBLE!!! Sooo much better than the Borla S Type. I will do sound clips as soon as I can. I love it… Best thing I’ve done so far. Next I’m looking to do some SPD Down Pipes. All I can say, is this Trombone system is a TOTAL game changer! The sound is INCREDIBLE. The drone that other members are talking about is in SPORT mode. In 6th gear you get a little bit of drone, but it’s tolerable, definitely… and when you punch it…. It will get rid of any doubts you have. If you don’t want the drone, just drive in regular standard mode all the time.. but what fun is that, LOL.. I LOVE IT!
I have the SPD downpipes and trombone with the stock muffler. You should be aware that the downpipes are going to take the volume level up substantially. My wife complains that it shakes the house when I start the truck in the morning.

That said, the tone is great, particularly when it is wide open. Just a trade off that you should be aware of.

fastguy1221

Reaction score
Just installed SPD trombone on my 2019 yesterday. Very pleased with the sound. It’s fairly quiet under normal driving but comes alive when you get into the happy pedal.

CRP

Reaction score
It will sound more like the FORD GT, or the GTR. It won’t sound like a V8. Honestly, to me, it sounds better. I know that people will disagree. Hell, I would have 6 months ago. All I can say, is that I’ve had a BORLA S TYPE, on my Raptor… The trombone sounds WAAAAAY better. When you stomp on it, it sounds great. I will do a sound video this weekend.

Attachments

• raptor .mov
    15.3 MB

CRP

Reaction score
Video doesn't do it much justice...will do driving full throttle video sound soon...sounds much better in person.