GEN 2 Exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
H

Hghlndr85

Reaction score
I’ve used both the SPD trombone and Corsa Sport, I liked both but settled on the SPD. They sound very very different from each other. I’m happy to answer questions but hard to describe with words. I can confirm the Corsa has zero drone though, but is definitely louder than the SPD when wot.

You won’t get any turbo sound through the exhaust without opening up everything after the turbos, and that’s gonna be loud AF.
Can you describe the sound tone,volume, and type of sound with corsa vs spd trombone?

Braaaaptor

Starbucks Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've had the 2FG for the last two-ish years. I really like it and have no complaints. I compared it to a friend's truck which had a Borla X-pipe and the 2FG sounds much more baritone with a much deeper rumble at idle. As far as drone, yes you can hear it a bit at highway speeds but it's no more noticeable than tire or wind noise.

CRP

Reaction score
I’ve used both the SPD trombone and Corsa Sport, I liked both but settled on the SPD. They sound very very different from each other. I’m happy to answer questions but hard to describe with words. I can confirm the Corsa has zero drone though, but is definitely louder than the SPD when wot.

You won’t get any turbo sound through the exhaust without opening up everything after the turbos, and that’s gonna be loud AF.
Hello! Do you still have your SPD on your truck, and do you happen to have any sound clips? Thank you!!!

Sig Fanboy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I first put a Magnflow FX mid section on my 2019. A nice tone at start up and not bad below 3K rpm’s. It went pretty ricer after that, but no drone.After a couple of week I went with an X-pipe resonator delete and the Magnflow. I love it, but suspect you would think it’s too loud based on your description of what you want. It’s definitely louder than the wife’s truck in Baja mode.
But still no drone at highway speeds.

CRP

Reaction score
Honestly I'd just do the SPD trombone and call it a day, sounds really good.
OK.. I installed the SPD trombone on my 2020 Crew Cab, with the stock muffler back on with stock pipes… HOLY CRAP!!! It sounds INCREDIBLE!!! Sooo much better than the Borla S Type. I will do sound clips as soon as I can. I love it… Best thing I’ve done so far. Next I’m looking to do some SPD Down Pipes. All I can say, is this Trombone system is a TOTAL game changer! The sound is INCREDIBLE. The drone that other members are talking about is in SPORT mode. In 6th gear you get a little bit of drone, but it’s tolerable, definitely… and when you punch it…. It will get rid of any doubts you have. If you don’t want the drone, just drive in regular standard mode all the time.. but what fun is that, LOL.. I LOVE IT!