Exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jeff-Ohio

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed a Corsa Extreme catback on my truck in about a day given I had to drive to a muffler shop to get one of the clamps on the resonator rotated. I don’t have a lift so having that extra momentum and space made it worth the extra $50 to have someone rotate that clamp.

in short, you can definitely do it yourself. Just double check that you have enough clearance for your wrenches in the right spaces around the resonator. If you only swap out the muffler, you’ll have no issues.

The Corsa Extreme is a fun exhaust to have. Very manageable until you open her up.
I love my Corsa Extreme!!! I still have all of the stock components, so there are several things that I could do to quiet things up, but I love the way it sounds as is. I bought the Corse Extreme because I thought it sounded less raspy than the Borla Atak.

salts001

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I love my Corsa Sport. I found the Sport is the perfect medium for my purpose. As of right now its my only vehicle and I love the sound. I had the Corsa Extreme and that was very loud when you stomp on it but at idle it was tame. I think if you want "badass" it would be the Corsa Extreme, very race truck sound at 4k+ rpm for a v6. I feel that Corsa is deeper and less raspy than Borla over all. Hope this helps.

TK85

Full Access Member
Reaction score
https://www.instagram.com/p/BxyJfF2nXXD/ This is what Im thinking about. Looks really nice in person. Saw it at SEMA last year.
That’s the current one I have now. If you off road your raptor then don’t do this exhaust. It has a nice tone but hangs to low and has terrible drone at highway speeds with downpipes. The atak I had before it didn’t drone as much

Bryantbjb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ford Performance Sport worked for me. Happy with the sound. Agree, I do not believe our 6 will sound like an 8. Exhaust was bolt on. Pretty easy but I did have the dealer do it. I had a time constraint.

nikhsub1

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Performance Sport worked for me. Happy with the sound. Agree, I do not believe our 6 will sound like an 8. Exhaust was bolt on. Pretty easy but I did have the dealer do it. I had a time constraint.
Me too. I think the FP Sport is what the Raptor should have come with.

Blue Ballin

Reaction score
I have a MagnaFlow exhaust and lovin' it, especially in Sport mode with the Pedal Commander activated. It is loud, but.... it's awesome. Highly recommend.

OP
OP
sparkee13

sparkee13

Reaction score
Update - I ended up getting the Corsa Xtreme (muffler & res delete), I like the stock tips so I didn't get the full cat back. I bought from @Nick@Apollo-Optics (great service & great price - highly recommend).
I did the install myself with a buddy. It took us just under 5 hrs, but we took our time, were bullshitting throughout, took a lot of smoke breaks, and in general had fun while we worked. No access to a lift, so we did it on the floor. Another thing that added a little time was I thought it made sense to remove the resonator first, but all that did was make everything downstream loose & swing a little, so removing the muffler took a little longer. All that to say, if we would've started from the back, and spent less time bullshitting, I think it would easily have been under 4 hrs. If we would've had it on a lift, even less. Most importantly, I love the way it sounds, and I love it even more bec I did it myself instead of paying somebody to install!
The install is not hard at all, especially if you have even the slightest mechanical ability! I am in no way a mechanic, or a gear head, which is why I asked about the install originally, but I am an electrician by trade, and am very comfortable working with tools. Other than my mistake of starting with the resonator first, the only hard part was the clamp on the passenger side resonator inlet. The bolts were facing up (as opposed to facing down like all the other clamps), and there is a (heat?) shield just above it, making it hard to get my hand and a ratchet in there to loosen. Other than that, it was very straightforward, and the instructions provided by Corsa are pretty well detailed. I will say, if you are going to do it, and are apprehensive, find the instructions on their website where they have color pictures. Before ordering, I read through the instructions online, but during the install I just used the instructions that came in the box with black & white pictures. All in all, I am really happy I decided to do it myself.
2 small things I would've paid attention to had I known: before dropping the spare I would've checked the gap between the stock tailpipes and the spare, and before removing the tailpipes I would've taken note of exactly where the tips were in relation to the bumper - once we put the tailpipes back on, I wasn't sure if they were exactly where they were originally. No big deal, and we got them adjusted to where I like them, but had I known to check first, I think it would've gone a little quicker and smoother.
Hope this helps somebody else, if you have any questions, just ask!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Kuan

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had Corsa. Ripped back off and put stock back on. Sounded worse than a VTEC.

Schizofilly

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just a note to add. I have had my MBRP exhaust on for about 10k miles now, and it sounds like I need to tighten up some of the clamps underneath. Anyone else have a similar experience?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk