Exhaust help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SOC5542

Reaction score
Figured I’d give my 2cents on this post, so here it goes. I have the Velocity AP exhaust on my 19 Raptor. It sounds awesome when the valve is open. If I get annoyed with it basically being a straight pipe I just push the button and bam right back to the stock sound(maybe a bit louder). Before anyone slams it or doesn’t know who velocity AP is check there stuff out. Yes they specialize in exotic cars but they nailed this one. Exhaust open really has a nice deep throaty sound. It’s not cheap but definitely cheaper than throwing a V8 in it to make it sound better.

MattRobPhoto

Reaction score
I did the Magnaflow D-Fit muffler replacement on my 2019 recently. Everyone is RIGHT.... it's a V6 so you will NEVER make it sound "BadAss." Also, (in MY opinion) they are ALSO right in that most attempts to make it louder result in still sounding bad, but just louder.

I went with the D-fit muffler replacement because I wanted what you describe. I only wanted more of a low growl. I didn't want anything LOUDER and I most DEFINATELY did NOT want drone loudness in the cab when I'm driving. This option worked GREAT for me! It has that nice low growl at idle and start up... it does not get "raspy or rappy" when you get on it, it's just a little louder than stock is all.

Does it sound badass like my previous V8 with Borla on it? NO. Not even CLOSE! Because it's not a V8... So... there you go. I listened to millions of clips before deciding on this and found a good price, then reached out to the vendor that is on this form of which also applied to this thread and he matched AND beat the price I found. I Had it in a few days!!

INSTALLATION:
1. It is NOT "that" easy as everyone says and/or as all those pro guys on youtube with lifts, pro tools, and years of experience.

2. I did it, and I've done this before and it was a pain, BUT I got it done within about 3hrs.

3. The difficulty comes in getting the pipes APART and then back together. You HAVE to have room to pull them APART, so you have to take both of the tail pipes OFF and then things will come apart.

4. There are little tiny metal clips on the stock pipes. No one tells you about these. Nope... you just LEARN about them when the pipes will NOT come apart! All you need is a small screw driver to release these clips. Ughhhhh! So...watch out for this. It cost me about an hour trying to figure this out. I'm NOT a pro, I'm NOT a mechanic, But I'm pretty good with tools and have a good jack and jack stands etc. I DO NOT have mechanic type experience otherwise I probably would have known.

Also... who knows, MAYBE there's a way to get the pipes apart without taking the tail pipes off, but I didn't see that.

I did this alone at night in my garage/driveway. I would suggest having someone help you some. Watch videos and watch them carefully.

I will say that after this install, I told myself "NEVER again! Even if it cost me 500bucks, I will pay someone to do it!" LOL!

Good luck!!

Last edited:

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I went with the Flowmaster FlowFX muffler replacement and it ticks all the right boxes for me. It is quiet when I drive normally with zero drone, but it really growls when I open it up. The cost was reasonable and less than $100 to have it installed along with a lot of other parts. It does not sound like my True Dual MagnaFlow V8, but I have grown to like the sound of my growling V6. :cool:

I laugh when I hear some of the noisy V8s trucks take off as I easily pull away from them in my measly V6. ;)

Last edited:

Ricoman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I hope I'm posting this in the right forum...
I am looking for some info, hoping to get the info I need. I want to upgrade my exhaust, but I have a few questions:
I want to upgrade purely for the sound - I want a louder and deeper 'growl'. I basically want to make my badass truck sound badass! I've been looking for a while, and I am leaning towards the Borla Atak. However, I'm a little leery of buying it based only on sound/video clips I've been able to find online. Ideally, I'd want to hear it in person, to know exactly what it sounds like. Is anybody here in the Central NJ vicinity with a Gen 2 with the Atak that would be willing to meet up with me so I can hear it? Or does anybody have any suggestions how I can find one to hear in person?
My next question is about the warranty - does changing the exhaust have any effect on the factory warranty? I'd hate to install it, only to find out down the road that it voided part or all of my warranty. As it is, the closest Ford dealer to me is terrible, and looks for every possible way to charge the customer, so I really don't want to put myself in that position. (Side note, if anybody knows of a good Ford dealer in the Central NJ vicinity, I'm all ears!!)
Lastly, how complicated / intensive is the installation? I read the installation instructions on Borla's website, and it seems pretty straightforward. I consider myself mechanically inclined, but I'm not really a 'car guy'. I've never really done any work on any of my vehicles beyond brakes, which even that I've only done a couple of times. If possible, I'd like to do the install myself, but I also want to be realistic about it. I don't want to dive into it, and then get stuck somewhere without the knowledge or ability to get out of a jam...
Any feedback is appreciated!

This is on a Gen1,but might help you with the install info on yours....Fellow member posted it last week....
https://www.fordraptorforum.com/threads/jonny-vs-raptor-build.71337/

OP
OP
sparkee13

sparkee13

Reaction score
Thanks for the input guys. I understand it's never going to sound like a V8, and I have no problem with that. I just want it sound deeper and louder - I happen to like loud deep exhaust tones. Not the overly obnoxious screaming, but a nice loud growl, which from what I've found most aftermarket exhausts will accomplish.
Nick, I will definitely reach out when I finalize what I'm doing, thanks!

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Brett Rahn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did Corsa extreme. And like most said it is loud very manageable when driving normal but loud when on it. I love the sound it gives but no way does it sound v8. I had dealer install it for 80 bucks
Hell I won’t even crawl under it at that price. If it’s to loud put resonator back on. Also what I do like is no drone in truck at all