GEN 1 Exhaust Cutout

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kuuzi

Reaction score
Looking into getting an exhaust cutout, searched the forums and interwebs but most info seems to be outdated. Currently looking at the DMH 3” single from 1320wheels.com

Few questions.
1. Anyone have long any long time experience with electronic exhaust cutouts?
2. Should I save for a few more months and go with the corsa extreme?
3. Most people suggest the oval over the y pipe, any experience with either of these?

Have a 2011 SCAB

PorterW1111

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The cutouts are fun and can be the perfect fit for someone who wants to play but then close it up for the normal daily drive. Going a full exhaust might be too loud for all time use and at the same time too quiet for those certain red light rice burners...

I ran one for a while but eventually the servo melted and stopped operating at 100%. It would open or close only a portion so it got to just sounding like an exhaust leak.

They are cheap enough you could through one on and have your fun. If it breaks then oh well. My vote is go with a cutout for now. I know after I put on the Borla exhaust it was too quite for my liking and put another cut out back on for those fun times.