GEN 2 Exhaust backfire?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rob O

Reaction score
Mine's only done it once in the 8k+ miles I've owned it, and that was with the AWE 0FG exhaust. Never done it stock.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks and sorry if I didn't dig far enough but I appreciate the feedback! I filled her up near Joshua tree today and all good. Lol
Yah you'll run into this from time to time esp if you change fuel grades, not so much going diwny, but when you go back up to 91 or 93 whatever you have available it'll happen for a hot minute. I generally use 93 but when I drove cross country to Moab I ran 87 just because I was hugway cruising. Sure as shit, hit Moab and filled up with top tier gas and pulling out of the station I gave it the beans and got a few pops. Whatcha gonna do ‍♂️

OP
OP
nfsraptor

nfsraptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yah you'll run into this from time to time esp if you change fuel grades, not so much going diwny, but when you go back up to 91 or 93 whatever you have available it'll happen for a hot minute. I generally use 93 but when I drove cross country to Moab I ran 87 just because I was hugway cruising. Sure as shit, hit Moab and filled up with top tier gas and pulling out of the station I gave it the beans and got a few pops. Whatcha gonna do ‍♂️

That makes sense most we get out here is 91 unfortunately also why I haven't gone with a tune because partly because of lack of 93 octane around me and other half is I have the extended warranty lol. I will stick to 91 instead of 87 though she definitely sounds happier and feels better with it.

Jace21583

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That makes sense most we get out here is 91 unfortunately also why I haven't gone with a tune because partly because of lack of 93 octane around me and other half is I have the extended warranty lol. I will stick to 91 instead of 87 though she definitely sounds happier and feels better with it.
Check out the jmsboostmax chip. Simple plug and play, won't void warranty.

kpecks

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bumping this back up to the top. My 2017 does it with CAI, magnaflow exhaust, MPT tuned. Like others, it Only happens when I fill up with with 93 from Costco and let it fill till the handle stops.

thanks to those who posted up on this forum. Might have to talk to the dealer about when she goes in for service and recalls.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 2017 backfires occasionally after filling up, but only in Sport mode. I’m running a JMS Boost Max, Pedal Max, Roush intake, AMS boost tubes, and Stage 3 BOV VTA plug.

sixshooter_45

2019 Ruby Red Metallic SC, 3.5 L Twin Turbos.
Reaction score
Wow, I Google searched Raptor backfire and here I am.

Filled up my 2019 at Costco tonight and I gave it a couple more squeezes on the pump handle to top off and a few miles down the road while accelerating and the stepping lightly on the brake I hear a slight backfire.

It did this a few times always after accelerating and then slightly stepping on the brakes.

First time mine ever did this.

I always run 93 octane.

Mspeed

Reaction score
Have the same problem. My CLE is also on says my O2 sensors and O2 heater. What wire and fuse did they say it was?