Exhaust Advise Gen 1

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

B boyes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me and my son (B Boyes) ………..Brandon & Bryce...…………..

We are looking at the Flow master 10 series or the SLP Loudmouth II. Would any of you suggest going up to a 3" tail pipe and dump right past the rear end? I just want to make the right decision for a off-road performance gain. Any advise will be appreciated.

Jonny V

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I went through the same choices about a month ago. Was fixing to waste over a thousand dollars on a Corsa Extreme. Luckily, RDFTS (Rick) got me by the collar and set me on the path to righteousness. I saved a bunch of money that I used towards brake upgrade instead. I just installed this on my '12, and it's perfect! No parts hanging down to get snagged/torn off, good and loud with a sexy deep rumble too. This is the ticket....

https://store.mbrpautomotive.com/en...-back-single-turn-down-with-resonator-al.html

You can get a screaming deal on this by contacting [email protected] (RDFTS), he's a longtime member here and will get you an awesome deal.

Sozzy12

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You won't gain anything with a simple muffler swap. Personally, I'm not a Slowmaster fan, either.

Pacific Wheel

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
A lot of the tones have to do with personal preference but as far as placement goes, I prefer a dump after the rear axle. I had mine in front of the rear axle for a while and the resonance in the cab was a little too much for me. Something to keep in mind.

ktmcolorado

Reaction score
Corsa Extreme and never look back. I have never had an after market exhaust that sounded this good WITHOUT ANY cab drone. Love it! Meaty. Throaty. And when you hit the go pedal it turns every head around.

Nick@GotExhaust

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Let us know if we can help. We do think the Corsa Xtreme catback sounds the best and it has NO drone but we can set you up with just about anything.

The MBRP turn down is a nice kit with a great deep tone.

Contact us for a quote on anything with your forum discount