6.2 Exhaust advice-- Ford Racing, Borla, MF

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SlimChaChi

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford Racing and Borla: $1200
Magnaflow $600

Tough decision...
You can get the borla for about $1000...just need to dig a bit...resale is also higher on the borla and ford racing exhausts. But I agree...price wise I'd go magnaflow all day...

oplersx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You can get the borla for about $1000...just need to dig a bit...resale is also higher on the borla and ford racing exhausts. But I agree...price wise I'd go magnaflow all day...

Yeah, cannot beat that price. Build quality and sound are good too IMHO. Has one on my wife's Fiat 500, full cat back, so far so good.

But never seen an FR or Borla, are they really 2x better in terms of quality and sound?

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I am looking at either the Ford Racing Touring, or Borla Touring. The pictures show a round Chrome dual tip, but many of you have posted with square tips. Which do they come with?

is anyone running the Touring and although 1 or 2 posts seem to indicate the same sound as stock, can anyone testify that it offers at least a little bit more oomph?

I definitely do not want obnoxious or race car sound, just something deep, throaty but not too loud. I will stick with FR or Borla. No Magnaflow. I could technically do the sport version of the FRP or Borla, and keep the resonator on. Will that absolutely eliminate any drone?

Thanks in advance.

---------- Post added at 04:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:54 PM ----------

Can anyone attest that these are pretty much representative sounds and volumes of the Borla Exausts? Seems to me that the touring isn't much difference than the sport? are these exactly the same as the FRP kits as well?

BORLA Exhaust Sounds for 2011-2014 Ford Raptor - YouTube

Hoverp

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wassy, get the FRP sport keep your stock resonator. Try driving with both resonator and non resonator, see what you like. 20$ to get the muffler shop to weld a 3 inch stainless section to the factory resonator pipe so it will be the same length as the resonator delete pipe that comes with the FRP sport system. Best of both worlds and the stock resonator pipe is pure flow through. And NO. Drone. Great to be able to easily switch up!

Take a look at all my posts with pics that I did for this.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:driver:
Wassy, get the FRP sport keep your stock resonator. Try driving with both resonator and non resonator, see what you like. 20$ to get the muffler shop to weld a 3 inch stainless section to the factory resonator pipe so it will be the same length as the resonator delete pipe that comes with the FRP sport system. Best of both worlds and the stock resonator pipe is pure flow through. And NO. Drone. Great to be able to easily switch up!

Take a look at all my posts with pics that I did for this.

Thanks Buddy! I ordered the Touring, but if need be will switch to Sport. Let me start there and see how it sounds. I did read your posts prior to posting, but the videos I heard and saw didn't seem to offer that much difference in sound, loudness (with resonator), and again, not looking to **** off the neighborhood. They already cited me for keeping a "truck" on driveway and not in the garage at night. The fight continues. LOL. I told them, Turck, what truck? this is a Raptor!!!! :flipthebird:

Greybeard

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:driver:

Thanks Buddy! I ordered the Touring, but if need be will switch to Sport. Let me start there and see how it sounds. I did read your posts prior to posting, but the videos I heard and saw didn't seem to offer that much difference in sound, loudness (with resonator), and again, not looking to **** off the neighborhood. They already cited me for keeping a "truck" on driveway and not in the garage at night. The fight continues. LOL. I told them, Turck, what truck? this is a Raptor!!!! :flipthebird:

Jeebus!! I think I would move if my neighborhood was soo uptight they wanted to dictate what I drive or park in the driveway. This is America last time I checked. Sorry to hear.

Wassy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
agreed. but it's in our association docs. working on it and will advise!

OP
OP
D

DBell

Reaction score
In case anyone was curious, the Ford Racing Sport exhaust is SICK

Definitely not obnoxious, and a beautiful sound. No problems with the tips, either.

Now if anyone could direct me to the best way to put a video on here.....?