Everything locked up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
During my trip to Tulsa yesterday, almost every button on my dash quit working for approximately 15 minutes as well as my nav screen.

The only 2 things that worked for that brief period were the volume knob (albeit slowly) and temperature arrows.

Then, without me doing anything, everything goes back to normal.

Anyone seen this before?

swoop1156

FRF Addict
Reaction score
YES!

This happened to me last weekend. I was offroading and it locked up on me and I couldn't change the volume or nothing on the dash. The climate controls still worked, but didn't reflect the changes.

I had to shut the truck down for about 5 minutes and then when I restarted, everything worked again.

It said, "Connect Error: See Dealer" when it happened.

Crosstx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dammit
Are we on a blackberry operating system
If so take the battery out for a few seconds and then put it back and restart haha

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
Swoop, did it say that after you restarted? On the center display?

Edit: I meant the "connect error" part.

Last edited:

HoustonRider

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Remember it's a Windows based operating system. lol.

so thats an easy fix..... it just needs to be taken in every day for an update... lol...

I haven't experienced this yet, but I've always anticipated it for some reason.

peppercorn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Reading this, as I prepere to leave civilization for a few in said Raptor, sans cell coverage with family in tow, I will now include a satellite phone in my packing list.
I would never rely on a laptop the way I have relied on vehicles of the past.
This kind of shit is so disconcerting, especially when you are heading for backcountry.

OP
OP
Madcowranch

Madcowranch

Genetically Modified
Reaction score
It is a bit disconcerting but I will say that it didn't seem to affect the drivability of the truck, FWIW.

SOCOMech

Famous Raptor
Reaction score
I had this happen a long time ago and it was only for a minute or two, then started working again on it's own, no error messages though. It hasn't happened again. As stated, truck never drove or acted differently, just nav screen and buttons.