Everyday use backup light

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BKB13

Reaction score
I’ve been using the search function recently to review back up lights. Let’s face it, The OEM back up lights just don’t work very well. My problem is, most of the pictures make these back up lights seem like they would be pretty damn annoying to anyone in the vicinity. Maybe even blind a toddler at Home Depot. Or, maybe it’s just the pictures, but I need some opinions.

Here’s the question: Are there awesome backup lights that don’t go overboard?

Oldfart

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I’ve been using the search function recently to review back up lights. Let’s face it, The OEM back up lights just don’t work very well. My problem is, most of the pictures make these back up lights seem like they would be pretty damn annoying to anyone in the vicinity. Maybe even blind a toddler at Home Depot. Or, maybe it’s just the pictures, but I need some opinions.

Bright lights don't hurt kids, it's actually good for them!!

baby-face.jpg

4x4TruckLEDs.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Go with the Baja Designs S2 Reverse Kit. It works great. It's not super blinding where you will bother people behind you (but let's be honest, if you are traveling in reverse you WANT people to see you, it's a safety thing AND you want to be able to see).

We offer the kit with our optional upfitter connection harness. This allows you to turn on your reverse lights from your upfitter switch AND it enables the kit to come on automatically while in reverse. If you don't want it to come on when going into reverse, easy! Just don't wire in the rear tail-light tap. You can use our nice all-in-one harness and just put some tape over the last connection is all. Very easy to do.

It's available here: http://www.4x4truckleds.com/baja-designs-ford-raptor-2017-s2-reverse-light-kit/

2017-Raptor-RearS2-L2__43161.1490542255.jpg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
Yeah, I’d rather have people be annoyed by my aux. reverse lights than not notice I’m backing up.

OffroadAlliance.com

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Supporting Member
Reaction score

While we love the various Baja Designs kits, if you’re worried about going overboard we also offer a Rigid backup kit. Very small and compact lights but they still offer great light without the worry of blinding everyone in the vicinity.

https://offroadalliance.com/collect...-raptor-reverse-lights-kit-aux-switch-harness

070562DC-CD4F-495C-A439-FFAB35376C03.jpeg

15C4B62A-3A5D-495D-A4A6-B3B05D224B2B.jpeg

OP
OP
B

BKB13

Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up guys. Anyone run the Rigid Ignite? I take it that the lumens are lower on that light.