Ever seen this happen???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GWBush

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Damn dude, Ive seen that. In the Alien movie during the chest-buster scene...scared the shit outta me.

Hope you find that critter and kill it!

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Grenaded !!! That sucks. Seen many different rears blow up in various ways. They are always worth “overbuilding”.

B E N

FRF Addict
Reaction score
There are a few on car-part, none close to Albany though, I have had engines and trans shipped / freight by vendors on there and the price is usually reasonable.

OP
OP
XCReapor

XCReapor

Reaction score
There are a few on car-part, none close to Albany though, I have had engines and trans shipped / freight by vendors on there and the price is usually reasonable.
What have you found on car part, the entire reared? If so would you guys suggest a swap and forget about it or a complete rebuild of the car-part reared, thanks!

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Axles are a good thing to overbuild. Between me and friends, man- we've done some serious carnage to Ford SRAs and driveshafts over the years. Ford builds them pretty well too compared to most everyone else, if it broke- you are just unlucky and got a bad part, or you were having a lot of fun at the expense of mechanical parts. The transition from spinning on ice to grabbing traction on fully dry dry asphalt blew them a lot of times. Burnouts killed driveshafts.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
What have you found on car part, the entire reared? If so would you guys suggest a swap and forget about it or a complete rebuild of the car-part reared, thanks!
Unless you find a really mint used axle. I would dread buying used one. Don't know what that axle been through. Could been owned by a maniac like me. LoL . Cheapest route is rebuild what you have unless the case is damaged.

OP
OP
XCReapor

XCReapor

Reaction score
Unless you find a really mint used axle. I would dread buying used one. Don't know what that axle been through. Could been owned by a maniac like me. LoL . Cheapest route is rebuild what you have unless the case is damaged.
That will most likely be my best route, looking to be about 3k for a used rear end, with used internals, parts, etc. Think i'd be better off rebuilding mine.