Eve of Closing on a 2017 Roush Raptor - Last Minute Suggestions?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

uncc0:

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello,

This is my first post as I am in the final hour of trading in my 2016 Roush F150 for a 2017 Roush Raptor in lightning blue. I love my V8 and the sound that it produces, but I've started to see signs of an issue where the engine stalls out at low speeds and I'm not going to take any chances at this point since there are no recalls, service bulletins or known fixes. With that said, I am looking at a used, low mile Roush Raptor that is impressive to say the least. I know that Roush did not add anything to improve performance, but I will address that if I move forward with the deal. i.e. CAI, tune, etc... I do love the suspension and look and will be getting the vehicle for close to what it would cost to purchase a used 2017 standard Raptor with comparable mileage. I have read some of 'purchasing used' items to look for, but is there anything critical to look for beyond the oil pan, engine 'marble' noise, or upgrading to the most current PCM/TCM code? Now's the time to ask while I still have the leverage. The manufacture date is 02/17 and the vehicle was sold by the dealer new in January 2018, which tells me Roush had these for awhile. Any other closing thoughts? I do have an extended warranty added to the deal and also negotiated ceramic coating. Bottom line is that I want to own this vehicle for several years and avoid the scenario that I face now with my Roush F150. I realize that I could stay with the Roush F150, but I am out of warranty and face spending potentially thousands to troubleshoot and repair an issue that no one person or dealer has permanently resolved. Thanks for any insight!