EVAP Check Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SirPatrone

Reaction score
I am also having this issue on my 19, AMS boost tubes with a Cobb intake and FMIC. Hoping for some good news

Rediceatx

Reaction score
I sent them another email since it's been over four months with no updates. Here's their response.
Sorry for the delay. We do not have a fix in place yet but have found that when the inlet tubes are paired with an aftermarket intake, the air flow is too great and causes the error with the sensor. There is no performance issues that we are aware of, but our team has it on the docket to work on. I understand that it can be frustrating having the light on, but as I mentioned there is currently no fix as of yet. Please let me know if you have any questions.

I have put the stock inlets back on and no longer have any of the issues that I was experiencing before (bucking, loss of power randomly or while turning). These may work great on some trucks, but my guess is that if you are tuned with a handheld tuner and are running a little more than stock boost you are going to experience this issue. It could probably be tuned out, but I'm not going to pay 450-500 on a dyno tune just for this, I'll wait till I upgrade the turbos. Good luck to those of you that are still looking for a fix.

Alhasawi

Reaction score
I gave up on that code i just reset it when ever it comes up. What I noticed is when driving long roads nothing happens but driving in the city that makes the code appear so its a boost issue from the driver side turbo inlet

Rediceatx

Reaction score
Anyone solved this issue yet as mine still current and permanent
Get a dyno tune and have your tuner turn off the MIL. If you have driveability issues then that will probably not go away without changing the min/max on that pressure sensor.

Alhasawi

Reaction score
Get a dyno tune and have your tuner turn off the MIL. If you have driveability issues then that will probably not go away without changing the min/max on that pressure sensor.
Did you solve the issue yourself or still have it? I spoke with MPT they said there is no tune or anything they can do to fix this. So the final thing i came up with with AFE that they manufactured a tube that has no connectors its just one piece so i will fix this Saturday and hopefully it will fix the issue. I noticed that the check engine only comes with there is a boost which means there is a leak somewhere causes that issue. Will keep you updated

Alhasawi

Reaction score
New design
1754B86B-C23A-49A6-9439-BCAB62BDC127.jpeg
C17577D0-1EB5-4492-BA24-69687AF4FF71.jpeg
Old designEE97BEC6-D242-40B8-8D18-1A39BB8959E8.jpeg85A32625-0BD3-4E38-B65E-D08EE0A3E0E2.jpeg

Attachments

• FD57865F-06A1-405F-AB4B-0168B4858216.jpeg
    FD57865F-06A1-405F-AB4B-0168B4858216.jpeg
    242.5 KB · Views: 1

Alhasawi

Reaction score
You can see the difference and i will try and for few days and let you know guys
DA020B56-EF47-4ED6-94BE-9A95F92041EE.jpeg

Rediceatx

Reaction score
Did you solve the issue yourself or still have it? I spoke with MPT they said there is no tune or anything they can do to fix this. So the final thing i came up with with AFE that they manufactured a tube that has no connectors its just one piece so i will fix this Saturday and hopefully it will fix the issue. I noticed that the check engine only comes with there is a boost which means there is a leak somewhere causes that issue. Will keep you updated
Went through all of what you are going through now, I documented all of the steps I took in the earlier posts on this thread. The final answer I got from AMS is that it's the sensor sensing pressure outside of the maximum set parameter. They recommended having your dyno tuner turning off the MIL, which I can do with HPtuners, but I still get driveability issues anyways. I took off the driverside pipe and left the passenger side pipe on with no more issues. Yes, I tried the insert tube, I've sealed the driverside tube completely, you can see all that in earlier posts. Their response confirms that it's not a sealing issue, it's a sensor issue. Good luck

EDIT: Here's where you would turn off the MIL in HPTuners.
hptuners.jpg

Last edited: