EVAP Check Engine

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Alhasawi

Reaction score
After 400 miles the check engine came back i am taking my car back so it seems the hoses just delayed the check engine not solving the problem

Last edited:

donducaleti

Reaction score
Thanks for the update @Alhasawi; sorry yours came back. :(

My replacement lines from AFE get delivered this Sunday. I hope with those + the Replacement Driver's Side Inlet + Grommet, that it will be behind me...

Rediceatx

Reaction score
I haven't heard back from AMS's customer service since 4/29, but that was after asking them if there were any updates since the last time I received an email from them which was 4/14. As of right now I still have the inlets on the truck and the CEL still on showing the same DTC P04F0.

donducaleti

Reaction score
I haven't heard back from AMS's customer service since 4/29, but that was after asking them if there were any updates since the last time I received an email from them which was 4/14. As of right now I still have the inlets on the truck and the CEL still on showing the same DTC P04F0.
Email [email protected] and ask for Derek Rhatigan. That’s the rep who I worked with and he was very helpful!

Rediceatx

Reaction score
Any updates from anyone? I emailed AMS again and the response was that their technicians are still looking into the issue.

Rediceatx

Reaction score
I still haven't heard back from AMS on what coiuld be causing this. I left the driverside tube on with the suspected leaks and I started to get P0455 after resetting it several times. I took off the driverside tube a month abo and put the stock on back on and left the AMS passenger side tube on. I have not had a single code come up and the stored/permanent P04F0 went away after the appropriate amount of cycles. There's also a noticable diffrence in driveability as it no longer feels like it wants to stall when turning and I don't get the random choke feeling while driving under normal conditions. The truck also feels like it has better response, but that could just be in my head. As of right now I just have the passenger side tube still on the truck. Debating on trying to reseal the driver side AMS tube or just taking off the pass side and just sell them. Would feel bad selling them knowing that the next person could have the same issues I have had.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Weird this just popped up for me too. Stock turbo for 42k miles and the ams tubes with about 30k miles. Switched to the garret turbos and a week later this code pops up. Still no real fix with the ams tubes I’m guessing?

Last edited:

Rediceatx

Reaction score
We’ll that was simple fix. Goose just turned it off.
I had driveability issues that got worse the longer I kept the driver side tube on the truck. I'm pretty sure that there are some that leak more than others out there. I could turn off the MIL with my HPTuners, but it doesn't solve the driveability issues. I would get occasional stalling and some bucking.

Nood1es

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had driveability issues that got worse the longer I kept the driver side tube on the truck. I'm pretty sure that there are some that leak more than others out there. I could turn off the MIL with my HPTuners, but it doesn't solve the driveability issues. I would get occasional stalling and some bucking.
That’s crazy. I get the occasional shimmies at idle. But nothing crazy where it feels like it’ll stall. Hopefully you get it figured out man.