GEN 2 Etis shows my 2019 Raptor with a 3.9L V8??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
So I have received a VIN for my 2019 Raptor and I decided to check Etis to see if there is any info posted and this is what I see. Any idea what the heck is going on?

2019-raptor-V8.jpg

Rhyu

Reaction score
This mistake is most likely just a mismatch in Ford's build system, or it could potentially be a slip-up that hints that the 2nd Gen Raptor will get a V8 in the future.

I personally don't think the 2nd Gen Raptor will ever get a V8 again, but hey, people can dream.

More to the point, does Ford even have a 3.9L V8? Or has anyone heard any rumors about a supposed 3.9L V8 in development? 3.9L is a far cry away from the 7.0L people believed would be coming in the 2019. :Pshyco:

OP
OP
Raptor911

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I also own a RS which I sold 4 weeks ago. Anyway, I entered that VIN and it came back with the right engine specs.

I have always thought that a 7L V8 is over kill BUT a 4L turbo V8 would/could produce lots of HP and also have the V8 sound.

This mistake is most likely just a mismatch in Ford's build system, or it could potentially be a slip-up that hints that the 2nd Gen Raptor will get a V8 in the future.

I personally don't think the 2nd Gen Raptor will ever get a V8 again, but hey, people can dream.

More to the point, does Ford even have a 3.9L V8? Or has anyone heard any rumors about a supposed 3.9L V8 in development? 3.9L is a far cry away from the 7.0L people believed would be coming in the 2019. :Pshyco:

Last edited:

Rhyu

Reaction score
I also own a RS which I sold 4 weeks ago. Anyway, I entered that VIN and it came back with the right engine specs.

I have always though that a 7L V8 is over kill BUT a 4L turbo V8 would/could produce lots of HP and also have the V8 sound.

Possibly. A V8 TT EcoBoost would certainly give back the Raptor's Grrrr Murica V8 truck vibes, but I just don't see Ford doing that.

The entire point of EB was to show that a TT V6 would mimic the same power of a V8 with better efficiency. Making a V8 Ecoboost is the antithesis of that. Unless Ford's trying to prove that V8s are better than V10s. :anitoof:

TRIMMELL

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tons of small displacement V8's that put out some serious power and do it reliably to boot.