Estimated annual Raptor R Production rate

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

spaceaholic

Reaction score
Any scuttlebut on quantity of Raptor Rs to be produced following initial ramp up? Presumably while first year offerings will be limited, Ford will want to maximize profits (supply chain and Predator engine build rate permitting).

bigft678

Reaction score
(31:51 of video) Only small piece of info I found was from the end of this TFL video on release day with the Ford rep saying,

"I do believe you know this configuration will be quite limited. So as this thing becomes available, I would expect that it's at least initially going to be a very difficult truck to acquire. There's not going to be a ton of them. So initially it's going to be a bit of a mad rush to see who gets those first few. My hope is kinda as the years go on, as things open up again, and hopefully the supply base settles down, and we get some stability, 'cause you know this is a whole global thing that is going on now, as things kind of stabilize, that we make these a bit more available and they become something that's attainable."

Jayrod

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Any scuttlebut on quantity of Raptor Rs to be produced following initial ramp up? Presumably while first year offerings will be limited, Ford will want to maximize profits (supply chain and Predator engine build rate permitting).
Another question is when are they going to get a tester raptor R out to the review people?

kenb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I read or heard from a dealer there would be less than 3000. Like 2900 or so. For the first year anyway. And supposedly all have been allocated or sold. My dealer didn't get one so I am SOL. And he promised I could buy at MSRP but that doesn't matter if he doesn't get one. Will be happy with my 2020 Scab.

Cocles

Reaction score
Another question is when are they going to get a tester raptor R out to the review people?
It's possible they already have one, or will get one soon, but under an agreement that they won't publish their reviews until later in the year when the R's are actually showing up in showrooms.