Error codes and wheel sensor

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmdjr21

Reaction score
I apologize for starting another thread about this, but I have spent two days searching on here and going through posts with similar issues. I have a 2017 SCREW and about a week ago on the highway I got a bunch of errors on my display. ABS, Hill assist, park aid, pre-collision and a little later down the road I got one for steering and lane assist. I hooked up FORScan and got code C0031 which was the left front wheel speed sensor and I figured it would be one of them based on what I read on here and also had U0451. I swapped out the sensor and reset the codes and everything immediately came back 50ft away from my driveway and I got the exact same codes that came back. Now going back through it, I am wondering is this possibly happening because I didn't use a Ford sensor? I picked up one from my local parts store because I couldn't find a Ford part in stock locally and didn't want to wait because I was planning on taking the truck on a trip and really couldn't wait. The truck does have a Ford warranty I purchased, but none of my three local dealerships can look at the truck until the second week of August at the earliest and I really would like to just get it fixed. Thank in advance for any advice or help, I have thoroughly enjoyed the truck for the short time I have had it otherwise.

Only mod on the truck is an intercooler.

Canuck714

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I have run aftermarket as well as Ford wheel speed sensors and both worked fine.
I prefer to run the FoMoCo, I read somewhere that they are actually made by NGK, so getting those aftermarket is probably a safe bet

OP
OP
gmdjr21

gmdjr21

Reaction score
I have run aftermarket as well as Ford wheel speed sensors and both worked fine.
I prefer to run the FoMoCo, I read somewhere that they are actually made by NGK, so getting those aftermarket is probably a safe bet
I appreciate the response. I went ahead and made an appointment to drop the truck off with the dealership in a few weeks since I feel like I’m going in circles. I won’t bother removing the aftermarket sensor.

OP
OP
gmdjr21

gmdjr21

Reaction score
Figured I’d update this since I got it fixed. Being then impatient person I am and not wanting to wait a few weeks on the dealership. A buddy recommended checking the ABS ring so I took it all apart and the ABS ring inside the hub was destroyed. I picked up a new one today and everything went away the first time I started the truck.