Equal length mid pipe exhaust

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geoffmp

Reaction score
Not sure if everyone has seen the 3rd gen raptor yet but they showed how they updated the 3.5 ecoboost with an equal length mid pipe section that in my opinion really improved the sound! My question is will anyone make a kit for us 2nd gen trucks to achieve the same results?

OP
OP
Geoffmp

Geoffmp

Reaction score
I feel like it would be something an exhausting manufacturer could easily do! And a little surprised no one has really thought of it before. Equal length is nothing new but more prevalent in N/A motors.

titanjc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This was one of my first thoughts after seeing the Gen 3 reveal as well. What I’m really curious about is if the Gen 3 exhaust bolts up to the Gen 2, and if there would be a way to rig the active exhaust valves to the auxiliary switches or a different toggle system. Love that feature.

wac45

Reaction score
I would be very interested in this exhaust on my 2020. The ONLY thing I am not satisfied with on my truck is the exhaust sound. Hopefully it could be modified to fit a scab.

Jakenbake

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I would imagine one could recreate this or something similar to it. Could be a fun project.

ayoustin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Aftermarket will likely be the most likely outcome. Ford increased diameter from 2.75" to 3" so my guess is if you wanted to run the stock gen 3 exhaust you'd have to buy the stock downpipes too. Part of the sound is also from the x pipe after the muffler. The new sound is definitely a step in the right direction for sure.

My good friend works at AMS. I'll see if they have any interest in making such an exhaust.

K223

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Ford answered one of the biggest complaints about the Gen 2, Sound!!! The other is two more cylinders as cried about by many. But that’s another story.

I would have to think if this system can be duped, There’s money to be made. Now getting the active valving with sound modes? Probably don’t see that happening for the Gen 2.

OP
OP
Geoffmp

Geoffmp

Reaction score
This was one of my first thoughts after seeing the Gen 3 reveal as well. What I’m really curious about is if the Gen 3 exhaust bolts up to the Gen 2, and if there would be a way to rig the active exhaust valves to the auxiliary switches or a different toggle system. Love that feature.

I would be good with just getting the better sound even if I didn't get the selectable feature. I'm in the Keystone area so neighbors are far enough way they don't matter. I've probably seen you 54 if your in the Lutz area. I travel that way to Wesley Chapel for work!