Epic Chevy fail

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

EricM

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Can't stand their hipster commercials. A while back they were talking big about the JD Powers(?) awards... Turns out they won awards for stuff like "best wipers" "Best in class door handles" & "best key fob design" etc... totally meaningless crap.
The latest is the claim their full size truck has the biggest cargo capacity... I assume that's based on the bed
rails being 1/2in taller than the F series?

I know what you area saying about them not mentioning why they won, and I think GM stuff sucks compared to Ford as much as anyone else, but I don't consider any of that meaningless.

Nice wipers do make a big difference. Quiet, smooth, with good washer systems and good wiper coverage matters. I think Ford's wipers are pretty ****** in comparison to the rest of the product.

The door handles, assuming you are talking exterior- they are very important in cold areas. Ford has had issues with locks freezing, water leaks and designs that are easy to break into on their current trucks.

The bed volume thing matters when you are carrying something light and bulky like coarse wood chips. I believe Ford's lowered the bedsides on all the aluminum bodied trucks.

Key fobs, OK, maybe not such a big deal. Well, you do carry it everywhere you go- OK it IS important, especially to men. With the keyless fobs, women just leave it in their purse but guy ends up with in a pocket. A small and thin fob is much better to carry around for years on end than a huge bulky thing.