Engine won’t shut off

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Dan Larsen

Reaction score
The engine on my 2018 F150 Raptor won’t shut off. When I press the start/stop button, everything goes through shut down mode, except the engine keeps running. Press the button again, everything boots up just fine and it drives fine. The error message on the dash screen says “Lane Keeping Sys Malfunction Service Required.” Disconnected the positive and negative battery cables, it still runs. Any ideas on how to turn it off?

OP
OP
D

Dan Larsen

Reaction score
Thanks. As I was getting ready to pull the fuel pump fuse, it just turned off by itself. Not starting it until I drive it to the dealership tomorrow. Gremlins?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
That's a weird one, must be ignition related somehow. Can't wait to hear what this is. This is definitely a major safety issue. Wonder if it would shut off if you walked away from it.

Badgertits

FRF Addict
Reaction score
And yet another reminder of why I always avoid “technology for technology’s sake” - in this instance we have an example of how push button start can cause headaches while not delivering any real improvement to the driving/vehicle ownership experience!

curious what it the issue ultimately proves to be.....but I’m guessing it has to do w/ that