Engine Whistle Noise (While Engine Off)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys - So I've got a weird issue going on with my 2019 802a. After I stop the engine, the truck will whistle. This will continue for two to three hours after the truck is driven. It's not constant -- it will whistle for one to five seconds stop for ~30 seconds, then whistle again. The best way I can describe it is the sound of a toy train whistle.

The issue was intermittent when I first noticed it four months ago (would happen about 25% of the time I drove the truck further than a few miles). However, it seems to be happening more frequently now. This afternoon I only drove the truck for five minutes, and it's been whistling in my garage for the past three hours now.

I took the truck into the dealership a few months ago, and they said they weren't able to reproduce it. The tech said he found a notice Ford put out about what I described and that the issue wouldn't affect the truck's performance and shouldn't be repaired. Tbh, I'm not going to accept that. I didn't spend this kind of money to have the damn thing emit a whistle for hours after it's driven.

Has anyone experienced anything like this or know what it might be? I'd like to get it fixed.

Thanks in advance.

Moridin

Reaction score
Yeah, my 19 has done that too. A while back there was a long thread about it, and a few people said theirs did as well.

A lot of guesses as to what it was and why it was happening, but no actual answers as I recall. The consensus seemed to end up being just accept it and move on. lol

Haven't heard mine do it in a while, but for a time it was almost a daily occurrence.

So sorry, no answers for you, but at least know it's not just you.

JefferyGT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Air pressure builds up in the intercooler.
Here is an ecu controlled bov write up...

...VTA vents after the truck has been sitting for a while (5+ hours). Im assuming this a programming function from the ECU that expels any air in the intercooler.

Link to associated thread will follow.

Last edited:

UsedRaptor

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2020 and mine does it also. I just figure its the truck calling me to drive it again.

OP
OP
pierceography

pierceography

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the feedback, guys. I'll see what the dealership says when I make (another) appointment. I'll report back with anything useful I find.