Engine vibration

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2020scab123

Reaction score
2021 37pp 3k miles.
Has slight weird engine vibration at idle like a slight shudder very minor. Rpms seems to move a lil .6-.7My other raptor never did this.
Gas 93 sweet Florida crude oil lol.
Is this a low oil thing or cam pahser or spark plugs? AC IS OFF still does it.

I’m taking it in for service next for some recalls but curious if anyone else is experiencing this?

AutoXRacer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Could be related to the transmission software update...

I new vehicle shouldn't need new sparkplugs nor would the oil cause that issue.

Unless your intake is blocked and restricting airflow or you got a loose air duct between the MAF and throttle body.

aileron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine does that too. I made a post about it last fall. Seems to have gotten better with mileage. It is so minor I haven't been confident that a technician at the dealer would even acknowledge it.

TheTip247

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just picked up my 22 on Friday and have noticed a vibration at a stop. Feels like a low idle situation but its a constant .6-.7 RPM at idle. Outside of that, seems to run just fine. I was curious of this myself. Didnt know if it was worth reporting yet but seems like it could be a common thing.

quadmaster922

Reaction score
2021 37pp 3k miles.
Has slight weird engine vibration at idle like a slight shudder very minor. Rpms seems to move a lil .6-.7My other raptor never did this.
Gas 93 sweet Florida crude oil lol.
Is this a low oil thing or cam pahser or spark plugs? AC IS OFF still does it.

I’m taking it in for service next for some recalls but curious if anyone else is experiencing this?
Thanks for the heads up on the vibration , I only have 300 miles on mine, good thing I bought the extended warranty lol

PandaBoi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The same thing happens to me occasionally, although, with my truck, the exhaust has an awful rattle at idle which might contribute to it. I'm going to have them look at it along with a plethora of recalls and few other problems when i go in (been waiting 3 weeks on the exhaust still).

I plan to ask them to update every damn module on the truck and make sure absolutely everything that can be updated is updated. When i received my truck, it was missing an update that enabled the wireless charging pad. Silly feature i dont use but still it goes to show a lot of these new gen 3s are rolling off the lots with out of date software. A full PCM reprogramming apparently can take some time and often dealers try to charge. By god if they try to charge me though after the problems i've had ill take it right back to ford corporate and have them pay for it.

I'd reccomend next time you're in for service or whatever to ask them if they can reprogram as many modules as they can with the latest updates. They might look at you funny but after they updated to fix the wireless charing pad i noticed the truck shifting waaaaay better.