Engine ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Panduh

Reaction score
mine also had this similar ticking - but was also smoking when it idles for 20min or longer.

Dealer is replacing the engine as we speak. had 40k miles on It.

pastorwug

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Very interested as my 2018 Oct build does the same thing, same sound! Going in this Monday for what the dealer said was a "diagnosis" since this huge dealership only has 2 engine guys apparently and they are 2 weeks behind.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Is this getting to be common?

Obviously. I have seen at least a handful of people complain about it (maybe even some of them complain several times, so maybe less people), out of 20k or 40k are on the road.

We are all glad you are here to steer people away from making such a huge mistake.

OP, sorry you are having problems. I hope it gets sorted out without too much hassle.

OP
OP
A

Ajaxraptor

Reaction score
But my concern is the block is aluminum. Not sure that a replacement head is going to fit correctly as the head is aluminum as well. Thoughts?

Doctor Mike

Reaction score
Found your post very interesting. At 4500 miles on my 2018 engine light went on and dealer replaced valve covers. At 4700 miles I began to hear valve tap at idle which increase with throttle. 3 1/2 weeks later I got truck back with shop replacing phasers and timing chain. Truck running well now but me thinks there are more problems with these engines than ford is admitting to