engine ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP

10JGCSRT8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
:birgits_tiredcoffeeWhere's the Video??:popcorn:

I went to take a video this morning and the ticking noise is gone. Went for another ride on the beach last night and it was still ticking. Didn't notice if it was ticking on the way home though. Maybe she had to be broken in hard lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So, now 'it' becomes intermittent . .

Was it cold this morning?

:hmm:Maybe when it's cold something hydraulic is pumping up to spec?
And of course when it's hot . . it's like . . . tickin' you off
~ :biggrin:

OP
OP

10JGCSRT8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the problem. Spark plug wire disconnected and was sparking against the frame

---------- Post added at 05:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

So, now 'it' becomes intermittent . .

Was it cold this morning?

:hmm:Maybe when it's cold something hydraulic is pumping up to spec?

And of course when it's hot . . it's like . . . tickin' you off
~ :biggrin:

I guess when I was on the beach the first time it somehow was pushed around to where it wasn't touching any metal and stopped.

Went back on the beach this morning and it came back but louder. Checked it out and noticed the spark.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Found the problem. Spark plug wire disconnected and was sparking against the frame

Wow. Did you notice an difference in the power? I would think that the wire being disconnected with throw a code, at the least, and create some serious drivability problems. Glad you found it.

OP
OP

10JGCSRT8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Wow. Did you notice an difference in the power? I would think that the wire being disconnected with throw a code, at the least, and create some serious drivability problems. Glad you found it.

No difference at all. No codes either. Had
to leave the truck at the closest ford dealer to where I was at the time which is100 miles from my house. I noticed sparks coming thru the vents below the the windshield.

OP
OP

10JGCSRT8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea pretty pissed about that. I kinda think they didn't even look at the truck.

Tmesic

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue and the day they were going to tear into the valve train a tech noticed it was a spark plug wire also ! It is a very loud tick also you would think it was a valve noise . And no code or noticeable loss in power. Tim