engine ticking

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

10JGCSRT8

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was on the beach with the raptor this past saturday and I noticed a ticking noise coming from the drivers side of the engine. It seems to tick faster as the rpms go up. No codes and everything seems to be working fine other then a slight thump in drive when lightly accelerating from a stop. I got the truck back in july and it currently has 3500 miles on it. I was driving it hard but nothing really crazy. It did seem to be giving off alot more heat then normal but like I said, I was running it kind of hard. Has anyone else had this issue? I called the dealer and made an appt for this coming monday.

any help would be great, Thanks!

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
funny. I started my car up today and heard the same noise. Got out of the truck and it is def coming from the driver side right at the wheel well.

Stepside

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I hear the ticking . . I know my fuel injectors are doin' their job. :Caffeine:

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Agree, open up the hood and stick your head in over each fender for awhile, try to compare both sides if there a defined difference than maybe something's up.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Search for my posts. I brought mine in. Dealership didn't know what to do. Said it wasn't normal. My 2011 didn't do it, and the 2014 on the lot didn't do it. They didn't want to tear down the motor, so they said let it go for a while to see if it goes away. It hasn't. I can only hear it in the cab. Hard to isolate when under the hood. I was hoping it was an exhaust leak, but I doubt it. Sometimes it does it. Sometimes is doesn't do it.

MTF

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Like Humvee21 posted earlier, it could be the canister purge valve.
It sits way back on the top of the engine on the drivers side.
I don't know if you would hear that from the fender well though.

Bar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea, I arm still hoping it is the CPV. My dealer said he checked it, but I seriously doubt it. If they did check it, they probably just checked for codes, and got nothing.