GEN 2 Engine starts and stops right away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
The gas tank and the back seat legroom/volume are the biggies. I wanted both and didn’t much value a small increase in performance, so it was a no-brainer for me.

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I don't mind my 26 gallon tank. It will outlast my bladder.

I go to some really out of the way places where there is no cell coverage, let alone gas stations. Ten extra gallons was a big deal, and the extra space in the back seat was welcome, too. It’s perfect for coolers and water jugs. SCAB backseat would have been good enough for people, but with that shortie bed, I wanted to max out cargo space. It was nice to have that decision make itself.

isis

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't mind my 26 gallon tank. It will outlast my bladder.
Me too. And the dog doesn’t fit with two car seats so my wife’s acura gets all that damn fur.

OP
OP
P

Pralix

Reaction score
Question, if his reading showed only 47 miles left and he put 2.5 gal in before the gas station, why did it only take 24 gallons to fill it up? Did he not fill the tank all the way? Just wondering...

I ask myself the same thing. I have a SCREW with the 36 gallon tank. Before this happened the tank showed 1/4 full, which would have been around 8 gallons. I did fill it up until the pump stopped. The fuel gauge registered full at that point.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
Mine has done the same thing more than once especially in winter when I warm the cab. Something g about the tank shape, under 100 miles left. I think every Ford truck I have ever owned was the exact same way.

ghost410

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve had the same thing happen to me on my 2020 on two occasions. Been to the dealer for it twice with no fix. Both times I had at least 8 gal of fuel