GEN 2 Engine starts and stops right away

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Pralix

Reaction score
Today I was getting ready to go out in my 19 Raptor. I keep it backed up my driveway which is an incline. The fuel gauge showed 98 miles left. I started it and it ran for awhile and then shutoff. I got a message about auto-start stop needed to be reset. Then I got a low fuel warning and the miles left dropped down to 47. I started it again and it ran for a couple of seconds and shut off. There was no rough idle. Start it again, same thing. Over and over. My uncle brought over some gas and I put half the can into the truck, probably 2.5 gallons and it started and kept running. Weird. I then take it to the gas station to fill it up and I put 24 gallons in before the pump cut off. It seems like I had plenty of gas in the tank and this should not have happened. Has anyone had this happen to them? What could it be the issue?

Reaction score
One thing you can do is unplug the auto start/stop under the e brake/ dash. There is a white box with 3 plug ins and it is the lower one. See if it is the auto start/stop system that is broken. I don’t use the auto start /stop, drives me nuts and only damages the starter.

49D9757F-8348-43FE-839A-EFFBCF7D6D0B.jpeg

smurfslayer

Be vewwy, vewwy quiet. We’re hunting sasquatch77
Reaction score
I think this is common to the F150 in general, at least the current gen. it’s been reported before.

GCATX

King Dingaling
Reaction score
Possible that you parked on the incline and starved the pick up in the tank. I also park on an incline, uphill, many times when I get in to leave I have way less miles than when I parked.

BroncoAZ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One thing you can do is unplug the auto start/stop under the e brake/ dash. There is a white box with 3 plug ins and it is the lower one. See if it is the auto start/stop system that is broken. I don’t use the auto start /stop, drives me nuts and only damages the starter.

View attachment 149482

Does that work to disable start stop? I was planning on buying one of those modules that goes behind the button.

1BAD454SSv2

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I un plugged mine at the dealership the day i brought mine home. Very simple and cheap . Just plug back in if you plan on towing .

richnot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question, if his reading showed only 47 miles left and he put 2.5 gal in before the gas station, why did it only take 24 gallons to fill it up? Did he not fill the tank all the way? Just wondering...

GordoJay

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Question, if his reading showed only 47 miles left and he put 2.5 gal in before the gas station, why did it only take 24 gallons to fill it up? Did he not fill the tank all the way? Just wondering...

SCAB only has 26 gallon tank.

Booth9999

Professional basket weaver level 7
Reaction score
You ran out of gas, Same happens to me if I remote start in my driveway with lower fuel levels. But if I roll it down to the flat spot it will start.