Engine sound for below

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

MarceloDV

Reaction score
Hello everybody. Am new here, am i just bought a second hand Ford Raptor 2018 with 18k. The previous owner made some modifications, mostly lights instalations that i take them out. But also, he installed a "Cut Out" (Or something like that i think it's called) to change the sound of the exhaust that was activated with a small remote control. I take that out too cutting the exhaust pipe and replacing a section. But now, i hear a weird noise of the engine. I can hear it inside, an today i record the sound from below and it sounds like the attached file. The sound does not start when i just turn on the truck, it starts later before, when i have traveled a certain distance at a certain speed.
I will take it to the dealership but first i wanted to know if anyone can guide me what it can be or where i can check. I haven't been able to check the truck yet since i had to travel for work.
Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Raptor Sound.ogg
    42.5 KB

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Welcome to the place. It almost sounds like an exhaust leak, could be the wastegate rattle that others have mentioned, really hard to tell. Post a pic of your Raptor in the "New member area" and let us know here what the dealer says or does. Good luck.

OP
OP
MarceloDV

MarceloDV

Reaction score
Thanks for the answer. I will put the pictures right now. I think is something about the exhaust too. hard to tell. Hope the dealership not try to scam me. But is weird. The worst thing is that that i can´t concentrate on work until i know what the sound is jajaja

Skubik

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I wasn't able to open up the sound file.
I hope you get more responses and hopefully saves you a trip to the dealership.