Engine rattle when cold starting

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jrgeorge27

Reaction score
I have same issue now. New to this, but wish I could upload videos. 2017 Raptor.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jrgeorge27

Reaction score
Looks like cam phasers failed for me on my 2017. Thanks Ford.

jrgeorge27

Reaction score
Covert Ford in Austin did a great job with my repair. They gave me a loaner for the 3 weeks they had my truck. Although they were short on technicians the service manager was easy to deal with during the process. They replaced the cam, cam phasers, oil, chain tensioner, and a bunch of other stuff.

Raptor in MS

Reaction score
Mine too. Same exact noise. First week 2018 build.

At the dealer now. Could not replicate the noise but showed them video. Thought it might be the Trans Aux. Pump going out. They could not fix anything it until it breaks. Tech did not think it was internal to the engine but who knows. He suggested waiting on Ford to figure it out. I bet enough calls to the Ford Performance hotline will get us some answers and maybe a fix unless this is considered normal.
Hello Tiger fan, I live in Laurel MS. My 2018 Raptor just started doing this at 36,000 miles (about a month ago). Never done it before but now does it just about everytime I crank it each day. Did you ever find a solution or get a reply from FORD?

SirPatrone

Reaction score
Hello Tiger fan, I live in Laurel MS. My 2018 Raptor just started doing this at 36,000 miles (about a month ago). Never done it before but now does it just about everytime I crank it each day. Did you ever find a solution or get a reply from FORD?
I have a 19 with 43k miles. There's a recall out for it now. cam phaser rattle. They reflash it first, and if that doesn't work, like in my case, they're installing new cam phasers under warranty.