Engine rattle/noise at start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TXRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Any word on the TSB?

The one-post-wonder @srt42b seems suspicious after joining the forum over a year and a half ago. Maybe an old Sasquatch account?

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did the reference a TSB in the paperwork? Dealerships seem to be a lot more cooperative when you roll in with your stuff together, a TSB# would be huge.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Prime how long have you been rolling with the rattle? I have been going for about 12k miles. Trying to figure out how long it takes for our trucks to end up Found On the Road Dead.

OPT PRIME

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Prime how long have you been rolling with the rattle? I have been going for about 12k miles. Trying to figure out how long it takes for our trucks to end up Found On the Road Dead.

One of the technicians at SVC first noticed it during a trip this summer around 17,000 miles, currently at 23,000. Until Ford comes out with a bonafide update/solution I plan on just rattling away. Still runs like a beast.

Rich

TigerRaptor

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the technicians at SVC first noticed it during a trip this summer around 17,000 miles, currently at 23,000. Until Ford comes out with a bonafide update/solution I plan on just rattling away. Still runs like a beast.

Rich

I totally agree. My truck runs great. The rattle adds to the Raptor mystique! I might get custom badges that say Rattler. LOL

Thanks Kirk

moreda55

Reaction score
I got my truck back today from the dealer..... it went in for smoke out the driver side tail pipe and also the start up sound like on this thread.... I got a new turbo but then was told they couldn't figure out the sound and to continue to drive it until it get louder or more common.... WTF... I'm thinking of calling ford... and has anyone started any sorta of Lemon law because of this??? also does lemon law only happen before 18k miles?

taco-13

Full Access Member
Reaction score
30,000 miles, Same rattle on start up the entire time. Just a few secs on cold start ups. I am going to let it be. No reason to bring it in to ford so they can split atoms trying to fix it while added damage to my truck.