Engine rattle/noise at start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rapteroid

Reaction score
Well mine died at 20,00 miles. All normal, bit of rattle at start and today at a smooth 35mph run to Home Depot the heart stopping moment occurred, motor entered Limp mode, 2K max RPM & no turbo at all. Dealer today, no call back. I’m engaging the lemon law as no car should have a rebuild @ 20K
8182453f2429103cb57d27ec70e2165e.jpg

Update:

Tech replaced a few breather lines and the crankcase sensor nothing. Found bolt broke off in the high pressure fuel pump where the tech replaced something 30 days ago. Nice work dude, now they decided to drill out the head, install a timesert thread repair kit and reuse the wrong bolts which what the original recall was all about. Ford Service should be ashamed of themselves. To add insult to injury, they left the wire harness dangling, a few extra tie wraps, some shop towels, metal shavings from the thread drilling, painters tape, the broken stud bolt and a crap ton of shop grease on the sil and mats. Don't worry guys, I will clean it up for you while you bill ford corp for your shit work.

Last edited:

mad man

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These problems are Mine boggling.What is wrong with Ford they’re making millions while were the guinea pig.

blackbird18

Reaction score
I think i might be getting this problem, too. 2018 with 32k. Already had an appointment scheduled for Monday to address the moonroof. I guess they get another item to fix.