Engine rattle/noise at start up

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ecoop

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had this problem with a tune and flashed to stock then taken into ford? I have had a few problems and they never seemed to “dig”. This engine rattle noise is getting worse and I think it’s time to take it in...

yeayeaatou

Reaction score
Just got my update today. They are replacing everything related to the timing on the motor and the vvt. 2 weeks out for parts.

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just got my update today. They are replacing everything related to the timing on the motor and the vvt. 2 weeks out for parts.
Did they tell you if they are replacing with the same vintage parts, or is there finally a new design that fixes? Seems that those who have this problem never get it resolved. My suffered twice and was bought back.

yeayeaatou

Reaction score
Did they tell you if they are replacing with the same vintage parts, or is there finally a new design that fixes? Seems that those who have this problem never get it resolved. My suffered twice and was bought back.

He said the parts are two weeks out. Reading through everything on the forums, I don't think they have the issue fixed. This guy wouldn't know, all he said was we are replacing everything you told us would need replaced when you brought it in the first time.

Just getting a call felt like a win. wed i texted the service manager asking for a call, nothing. thursday I called the shop and left a message for them to call. Today I sent an email. I got a text from the service advisor saying they are tearing the front end apart in 2 weeks, when the parts are in. My response was what is the diagnosis, the service manager then called. Its a shit show, I dont get it.

NORCAL SS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
He said the parts are two weeks out. Reading through everything on the forums, I don't think they have the issue fixed. This guy wouldn't know, all he said was we are replacing everything you told us would need replaced when you brought it in the first time.

Just getting a call felt like a win. wed i texted the service manager asking for a call, nothing. thursday I called the shop and left a message for them to call. Today I sent an email. I got a text from the service advisor saying they are tearing the front end apart in 2 weeks, when the parts are in. My response was what is the diagnosis, the service manager then called. Its a shit show, I dont get it.
You should get the buy back started now then.

RaptorLF18

Reaction score

Can you tell if a part has been updated by the suffix after the number? Mine was determined last week to have the cam phasers replaced and no one can tell me if it's updated parts or the same as I have now.

WraptorBoy

Reaction score
Can you tell if a part has been updated by the suffix after the number? Mine was determined last week to have the cam phasers replaced and no one can tell me if it's updated parts or the same as I have now.

My understanding is the part number will be the same but will have a letter appended to it like "A", "B" etc... as the parts are revised.

RaptorLF18

Reaction score
My understanding is the part number will be the same but will have a letter appended to it like "A", "B" etc... as the parts are revised.

Ok. I opened a case this morning and was told I'd be contacted by a Regional Manager within 1 business day. I'm hoping they can answer my question.