Engine oil question

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ktownsensation

FRF Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi there guys I have 19 raptor with around 12000 km on it . Went to make a good pull going onto the highway and got the Low oil pressure light and limp mode. As others have posted about pulled over turned truck off and back on and truck acted like nothing was wrong. Took it to dealer they said truck lost signal to PCM for a brief moment and things were fine. I checked oil and it seemed low down to the bottom low hole on the dipstick. They said it was down a quart or two.

I have looked at some of the older posts but wanted to ask around and see others experiences.

Hesitant to install a tune or do any engine mods till the oil consumption gets sorted or if i find out this is normal for this engine.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Who is doing your oil changes? I'm assuming the dealer, so if I were you I would check your oil every time you get fuel to check the level and if it gets measurable low enough, then I would take it back to the dealer to determine if it is an oil consumption issue. Maybe a different dealer, that one seems bonkers, the way you described their diagnosis.

Raptor911

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You have a 2019 so you have a metal oil pan. Get yourself a Fumoto valve and do your own oil changes. The Fumoto valve makes draining the oil from the pan super easy and mess free.

When you do your own oil changes you will do it right and have piece of mind that your baby has enough fluids in her. No one cares about your vehicle more than you do.

Last edited:

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
I just realized that you are in NFLD, probably not a lot of dealers to pick from there, so try to play nice with your dealer and give them any quality knowledge you pick up from here. Generally the knowledge on here about Raptors out does the knowledge of most dealers.

JohnyPython

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Hi there guys I have 19 raptor with around 12000 km on it . Went to make a good pull going onto the highway and got the Low oil pressure light and limp mode. As others have posted about pulled over turned truck off and back on and truck acted like nothing was wrong. Took it to dealer they said truck lost signal to PCM for a brief moment and things were fine. I checked oil and it seemed low down to the bottom low hole on the dipstick. They said it was down a quart or two.

I have looked at some of the older posts but wanted to ask around and see others experiences.

Hesitant to install a tune or do any engine mods till the oil consumption gets sorted or if i find out this is normal for this engine.

Great to see some more Canadian content lard tunderin jeesus bay(East coast is amazing BTW)

Some say, and I think that @FordTechOne motioned it, that there may be oil consumption up to the first OCI (16kmiles). Check your oil regularly and use a good full synthetic oil and MC filter. If you continue to see low oil then maybe there's a problem.

DIY oil changes are a good option but not for everyone. Let us know what happens.

FordTechOne

FRF Addict
Reaction score
Low oil levels seem to be a common issue with these machines.

Check your oil levels. Check them often.

It’s only common to vehicles that fall under the TSB. For trucks built 04/1/19 and earlier, the TSB instructs to replace the valve covers and update the PCM. For trucks that are driven aggressively and exhibit excess oil consumption built after 4/1/19 but before 8/11/20, the PCM software just needs to be updated.

TheC-Don

Full Access Member
Reaction score

My truck did the exact same thing a few weeks ago. I never took it to the dealership, so still not sure what happened to mine...

I feel the same way about holding off on the tune and IC for now until I know what happened.

Brett Rahn

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Bingo. To above
Mine is a early 19 build. And it would smoke bad on warm start up and use oil. Took it in and had valve covers and manifold done and problem solved. I go 5000 between changes using amsoil signature. And it is full when dumped. And mine has less than 6 k on it. As it sits in barn haha