ENGINE LIGHT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

speedkills

Reaction score
IMG_0326.PNGIMG_0327.PNG

SO THIS HAPPENED TODAY WHILE DRIVING ON THE HIGHWAY. ENGINE LIGHT CAME ON AND TRUCK FELT LIKE IT WAS GIVING UP. HAD TO SLOW DOWN TO ABOUT 40MPH AND SCHEDULED A SERVICE BUT NOT TIL NOVEMBER 11TH. HAS THIS HAPPENED TO ANYONE?? FIRST TIME THE TRUCK DOES THIS SO SCARED THE CRAP OUT OF ME. WASNT NORMAL AT ALL.

Antho

FRF Addict
Reaction score
SAYS MISFIRE. HAVE YOU EVER CHANGED THE PLUGS? ALSO LOOKS LIKE YOUR PCM COULD USE A NEW FLASH DUE TO SHUDDERING.

OP
OP
speedkills

speedkills

Reaction score
Havent changed the plugs yet since I've bought it last July with 72k miles. which plugs do you recommend getting?

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
You could disconnect the battery for 10 minutes, it might reset the cel so you can drive it to pick up your new plugs.

CoronaRaptor

FRF Addict
Reaction score
alright ill do that in the morning!. thanks. so just go with the motorcraft plugs and not the colder performance ones?
That's a personal preference, I like to keep my engine tuning stock unless my mods require a change for reliability. If the reset does work, you should be able to still use a scanning tool to find the stored code, might direct you to a better diagnosis as well. You could use forscan if you have it as well.